Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] right-click often also activates first nearest option in the context menu

Hi,
    I am facing this problem for a longer time but first though it was hardware related. When I use right click to get a context menu - no matter if in Konqueror / Dolphin, on the desktop or in Konsole - it often also activates one of the items on the menu.

For example - I try to copy 20 files using right click and "Copy" from the context menu. However after right click it suddenly opens 20 new Konqueror windows - probably like activating "Open in new window" option. Yesterday I wanted to copy something from Konsole and it suddenly closed without giving me any option. Also remember something similar with Firefox.

I was first thinking about problem with my old mouse but new mouse did not solve this and I also noticed these issues on my laptop with other mouse. So definitely software related. I am currently running Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus (LTS) - 64bit on my desktops and 32bit on a laptop. Found some Mint-related discussion here suggesting it might be something with themes but as I know they have different DE... All my machines have Intel graphics, I have just few desktop effects active and use "Plastik" window decorations.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

thanks
    Dell Latitude E5510, Intel i3, Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus (LTS)

Try System Settings -> Input Device (Under Hardware) -> Mouse

Look at the "Advanced Tab" in Mouse Controls and adjust the Pointer threshold, Double click interval, Drag start time and Drag start distance. Increase the values to make it less sensitive. For comparison mine are:

Pointer threshold: 4 pixels
    Double click interval: 400 msec
    Drag start time: 500 msec
    Drag start distance: 4 pixels

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi,
      looks like I have exactly the same settings as you (checking my home desktop machine now).
      I also have cursor acceleration set to "2.0" but my brother even has "2.4" and has no problems.
      Dell Latitude E5510, Intel i3, Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus (LTS)

Comment

So have you tried increasing the settings?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X