This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
    You don't (didn't) really need to run a full desktop as root, you only need to run system settings (might have been kcontrol back then) as root with kdesudo to set the icon theme for root. I regularly set a different color scheme for root apps the same way, probably for the same reason you did...nice to have a visual reminder.
    +1 ,,, I just make the folders red however ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You don't (didn't) really need to run a full desktop as root, you only need to run system settings
      I was a little less experienced back then...

That was 7-8 years ago! How time flies.

Please Read Me

Comment

O ,,,,,, and by the way ,,,,, you can still launch Konqueror as root as well and is a bit closer to Dolphin than Krusader

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

How did you make the change that has all the icons showing as red when you launch Konqueror (in this case) 'as root'?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Right mouse on a directory icon, select properties, left click on the folder icon and choose another color!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I know how to do that, but in Vinny's screen shot, all icons; folders, file icons, active Menu bar icons; are all red. That's what I want to know 'how did he do it'.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                I know how to do that, but in Vinny's screen shot, all icons; folders, file icons, active Menu bar icons; are all red. That's what I want to know 'how did he do it'.
                You can add icon effects (including colorization) in systemsettings>icons>advanced-tab

Comment

use "kdesudo systemsettings5" go to the icons and set a color.

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

You can add icon effects (including colorization) in systemsettings>icons>advanced-tab
                    Installed konqueror and then launched systemsettings5 with kdesudo and changed the color to red in All Icons > Default > Set Effect... > Colorize > Color. Exited System Settings and launched kdesudo konqueror. No change to any of the icons.

Comment

Installed konqueror and then launched systemsettings5 with kdesudo and changed the color to red in All Icons > Default > Set Effect... > Colorize > Color. Exited System Settings and launched kdesudo konqueror. No change to any of the icons.
                      I did the "active" as well

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Did you fix the "icons not showing" issue first (by setting the correct KDE env keeps in sudoers, for example).

Comment

I'll set the color on Active and see what happens.

Interestingly, when I launch konqueror 'normally', it presents 'as expected' except that the Places icons are not showing. When launched with kdesudo it's even worse. The image below shows koqueror (left) and kdesudo konqueror (right).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Withoutandwithkdesudo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	643485

Comment

Did you fix the "icons not showing" issue first (by setting the correct KDE env keeps in sudoers, for example).
                            No, I haven't. If you don't mind, the steps to do so are?

Comment

OOPS I also set the theme to oxygen first ,,,,this may have corrected that issue.

VINNY
                              16GB RAM

Comment

No, I haven't. If you don't mind, the steps to do so are?
                                Oneliner:
                                Code:
                                echo 'Defaults env_keep += "KDE_SESSION_VERSION KDE_FULL_SESSION"' | sudo tee /etc/sudoers.d/30-my_kdesession_env
                                Will create a new file /etc/sudoers.d/30-my_kdesession_env and append the the key env variables for sudo to keep when switching to root.

Comment

Working...
                                X