This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Couldn't start kmserver problem

When I am logging into KDE-Plasma5-desktop from sddm, it shows an error message "Couldn't start kmserver. Check your installation."

Please note that I am using the latest version of plasma5 on Kubuntu and I have the backports ppa enabled. Earlier it was working almost fine, except an error message about sane.d, but after last night's update, I couldn't log into the Plasma5 desktop.

Need your help please to again being able to properly log in.

Please let me know in case more details are required.

Unicorn ? Maybe this: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...o-Plasma-5-2-1

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel Inventor View Post
      Thanks for pointing to the above thread. The temporary solution provided there has also worked for me too. At least I can log in now.

Comment

Hi,

My Desktop is is also down with the last batch of updates from next-backports.
        Got the ksmserver error and can not get an X session started from the terminal - No Screens found.

First complaint at login at the terminal is systemd-logind cannot start user@1000.service.
        Tried to check what was wrong with the systemctl command and it showed systemd not running.

What would be the best way to restore the permissions either through PAM or getting systemd up?

I was using sddm for the login. Then tried lightdm. Then kdm.
        Also tried to reconfigure xserver and the like with no results.
        This definitely is the login permissions not being seen and registered for the Desktop.

Otherwise, will have to wait for a fix through newer updates.

Up to this point, the Plasma 5 Desktop is very nice, and Fast!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X