X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to Plasma 5.2.1...

Hmmm...

just doing an upgrade from 5.2 to get the new bug fixes in 5.2.1 which is being pushed to the next and next-backports ppa's but I'm getting the following.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    frameworkintegration : Depends: qtbase-abi-5-3-0 which is a virtual package.
    libkf5plasmaquick5 : Depends: qtdeclarative-abi-5-3-0 which is a virtual package.
    The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Remove the following packages:
    1) frameworkintegration
    2) kubuntu-plasma5-desktop
    3) libkf5plasmaquick5
    4) plasma-desktop
    5) plasma-framework
    6) plasma-workspace

Is this just packages that haven't made it yet or are do we have other issues here? I've re-updated after a number of hours but still have the same responce.

Ta

Peter.

Packages were likely still making it into the repo, just have to givr it a little time and try again. It went fine for me just now.

Comment

While I had no errors upgrading, according to my output at least, I do find that frameworkintegration and libkf5plasmaquick5 are not upgraded.

Code:
      sudo apt full-upgrade
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree       
      Reading state information... Done
      Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
        linux-image-3.16.0-30-generic linux-image-extra-3.16.0-30-generic
      Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
      Done
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      but then I find:

Code:
      apt list --upgradable
      Listing... Done
      frameworkintegration/utopic 5.7.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu14.10~ppa1 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.7.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.10~ppa1]
      libkf5plasmaquick5/utopic 5.7.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu14.10~ppa1 amd64 [upgradable from: 5.7.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.10~ppa1]
      And I cannot log in to Plasma anymore, with a ksmserver error.

Gotta see if I can let someone know.

Code:
      apt-cache policy frameworkintegrationframeworkintegration:
        Installed: 5.7.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.10~ppa1
        Candidate: 5.7.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu14.10~ppa1
        Version table:
           5.7.0-0ubuntu2~ubuntu14.10~ppa1 0
              500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/next/ubuntu/ utopic/main amd64 Packages
       *** 5.7.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.10~ppa1 0
              500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/next-backports/ubuntu/ utopic/main amd64 Packages
              100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
           5.3.0-0ubuntu1 0
              500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ utopic/universe amd64 Packages

Comment

Yep.. exactly the same situation here cladoh. I tried apt-get upgrade kept on winging, so I tried apt full-upgade instead and the 40 odd packages were upgraded, but just tierd your apt list and have the same output exactly. I'd better not log out!! How did you manage to log in to send the message here (or are you on another computer)?

Comment

I have 14.10 on my Kodi box, I which also has lxde as a backup, But yeah, my main, daily driver is my 15.04 laptop.
          It seems backwards, but really, it isn't as the Important Stuff runs on the pc. Then there is my phone or tablet. I am covered.

Comment

Ok I'm stuffed. DO NOT UPGRADE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED. The ksmserver was pegged with two instances at 100% and I foolish killed them which has now thrown me off and I can not log in. Help?? 😁 Love the bleeding edge.

Comment

they have removed the update from the ppa for the time being

Comment

Still I'd hold off even if packages start rolling back in

This sort of thing is why I heavily lean towards using Vivid to get plasma 5 anyway, it's been made just for this, as opposed to making it work on the previous stuff.

Comment

Ok. Just did apt-get update/dist-upgrade but nothing changed. From the command line.

Comment

Well I guess that is an option from my backups

Comment

it won't, unless there are new package versions

Some are looking at it, but may have to wait till someone over in Euroland wakes up

Comment

So I'd like to apologize for this mess - this has been caused mostly by poor handling and/or testing on our side.

Along with sgclark we managed to determine that this is caused by Plasma 4 packages getting mixed with Plasma 5 packages, resulting in magical spagetthi of broken dependencies.
                        We hastily removed the packages in question from the PPA so that no more people break their systems but that in turn blocked us from debugging the issue (we can't copy back the binaries since the PPA whines about existing binaries).

If it is absolutely vital to have your systems working then I'm afraid that the fastest solution would be to perform a reinstall right away.

For those who want to toy around - you might want to disable both ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next and ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next-backports repositories and try to recover from Kubuntu CI repositories by doing the following:
                        Code:
                        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ci/unstable-weekly
                        sudo apt-get update
                        sudo apt-get install kubuntu-plasma5-meta
                        sudo apt full-upgrade
                        sudo reboot
                        however I am not sure this will help

If you prefer to wait then we might be able to sort out the issue when more of us are awake but that might take up to 8 hours from now on (it's 02:00 here in Poland)

Comment

Thank you for the response, Quintasan. (Just when do you sleep?? Or does rbelem still make up for that )

One thing for users to note that this ci ppa is for automatic, daily builds of stuff pulled from kde's git, so it has all the usual caveats one would expect about bleeding edge things. But y'all already know about that

Comment

Problems like these are why I am running vivid daily build on a virtual machine. That way i can blow it up daily if I like and not lose important stuff. Course, the really important stuff is on a backup drive, 3 other computers, and dropbox

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'm in for a reinstall when I get home in about an hour. I'll check here first though incase there is progress before then. On the plus side I know how to drive network manager from the command line now.

Comment

Working...
                              X