This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need cd to install Wine

Whilst trying to install Wine I get a message requesting I put this cd into the cd drive - Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS _Precise Pangolin_ - Release i386 (20120820.1). Obviously it needs to copy files from it for Wine to work. Googled but didn't find where I could get this from. Any help appreciated.

You shouldnt need to do that as long as you have an internet connection. How did you try to install it? Try from the terminal if you havent already:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine

Comment

And open Muon and de-select the CD from sources. This should have happened at install time.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks, you were both helpful. I had tried to install Wine via ubuntu software-centre then tried command from #2 but it still asked for the cd. Followed #3 and then #2 worked fine. I ended up with an EULA for microsoft fonts. Thanks for your help. No doubt you will see me on here again as Linux is totally new to me.

Comment

Actually, I am not sure it installed properly. Can't find it anywhere. Not sure why the EULA came up. How was I meant to get rid of it? I think Wine only partially installed and stopped when I exited terminal to get rid of EULA.

Comment

Try ALT+F2 and type winecfg

Wine doesn't normally start until you invoke a windows program. There are some GUI wine tools you can install, like PlayOnLinux and others.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and Kubuntu.

Please Read Me

Comment

thanks, looks like it isn't installed so will have another go. Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Working...
              X