This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to have a rant or i'll explode..

I just signed on on the forums here, after switching to Linux after 10 years of Windows pain..

I've had my ups and downs and learnt alot, installing Kubuntu on many configurations of machine, and using Dapper and Edgy for the last 6 months.

I decided to start putting something back into the community by answering some peoples problems back here on the forum.

Trust me to get the arogant windows user who acts suspiciously at both the advice and the files i point him to, even though he's left a request for assistance on the forum. Plus just starts going on about why he doesn't think Kubuntu SO great like everyone makes out..

(its fine)

I'm not expecting praise, or thanks, and i'm sure not all of my future experiences will be so distasteful, as i'd like to feed something back to this forum for all the help its given me learning.

I just can't stand block headed windows users who seem to simply install kubuntu on a whim, GEARED UP not to like it, and then come and complain about it in the guise of asking for help, when all they really want to do is rip pieces out of it and go on how they really prefer windows and dont see the point in changing. It's really disheartening when you write a detailed reply offering them help.

*rant over - thankyou for your time*

x trash x

Re: Need to have a rant or i'll explode..

Most (although, unfortunately, not all) of the people I've encountered on this site have been genuinely interested in learning about Kubuntu. This even includes most of the people who have compared Kubuntu to windoze to the detriment of Kubuntu. They do this because they are frustrated by the fact that Linux doesn't work exactly the way they expect it to as a result of their experience with windoze.

Just take a deep breath and try to respond as if you hadn't recognized the attitude of the poster. You'll be glad that you did. I can't count the number of times, I've had to erase a sarcastic or antagonistic reply before clicking the "post" button and I regret the occasions on which I have responded negatively.

Comment

Re: Need to have a rant or i'll explode..

Cheers, your right..

It doesn't really serve any purpose to get in a bitch match does it, you just become as righteous sounding as them and they jump ship as it were from the hostility i imagine.

Thanks for the advice, and reminder of common sense - it's appreciated

x

Comment

Working...
      X