This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 6.10 on Acer Aspire

Hi everyone, i'm as new as can be and after almost 20 years of windoze i decided to try linux. Well 6 weeks ago tried a suse linux live cd and liked what i saw so i ended up installing suse 10. However had lots of niggles with system hang ups and when i tried to re-install it was a complete washout. Then back to forums and i ended up picking the kubuntu live cd and since then i've not looked back This is the best thing that happened to me since about 25 odd years back (that's another long story). Until last weekend i was still dual booting but I've just formated windows out of my life and installed kubuntu 6.10 and it was a stroll in the park. Everything worked like a charm with only my inability to get the printer (lexmark) working. Well i'll be getting a HP printer which is certainly well supported. If anything edgy certainly has the edge over dapper drake and if anyone is experiencing problems ask thru the forums and google. The amount of stuff you learn and the satisifaction you get (like me) when it all clicks is immense. So anyone thinking of making the jump from windoze you're welcome. You certainly will receive feather cushioned landing.
Working...
X