This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My efforts so far

Hello everybody, I'm not a great or frequent writer but i feel i should have a go!

I have tried various linux distos in the past, just out of interest more than anything else.

Dapper is very easy to install,went in straight off the iso image i downloaded.
    All the software installed is of a very good quality, especially as it is free

I read the desktop guide which answered most questions

Got DVD playback and with a bit of effort Kaffieine now plays all files and gives playback from my Nebula TV card and records from the EPG, excellent!

Kubuntu does everything I want from my computer very easily.
    I am very happy and have been reading many of the helpful Linux ariticles that are all over the net.
    I have also rediscovered computing as hobby again.There is lots to learn if you want to.

Windows is about to be removed from my PC and I won't miss it

Dave
    Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Re: My efforts so far

Hi Batty
    Glad to see thing are going good for you. Yes Kubuntu is easy to work with and has a wide range of appls. and software that can be installed.

Good Luck and Enjoy
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Re: My efforts so far

Hello again, I'm still here
      Had to just say hello again as today I managed to get my two scanners working,been meaniing to do it for ages. First one Mustek scanexpress a3 usb worked quite easily just had to copy a firmware file to correct location.
      The second one an Epson perfection 1670 seemed to take far more effort.

I have to admit to jumping up and shouting "YES" when it eventually sprang into life!!!
      For the first time in ages I almost thought "how it used to be easier with Windoze!"
      Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

Working...
      X