This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smallest Linux computer in the world

Say hello to the smallest Linux computer in the world. It's called the "Picotux 100", and it's only slightly larger (35mm×19mm×19mm) than an RJ45 connector.

Inside, there is an ARM7 CPU at 55 MHz running uClinux kernel 2.4.27 and Busybox 1.0. Two communication interfaces are provided, 10/100 Mbit half/full duplex Ethernet and a serial port with up to 230.400 baud. Five additional lines can be used for either general input/output or serial handshaking..
    Full Story

check the specs... cool!
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Re: smallest Linux computer in the world

First thing that comes to mind is a small server if you uped the RAM.

Comment

Uhoh, "wanna-have"-urge coming...

maybe for hooking up my tnc2q to a wlan ap in the car - packet-radio2wlan gateway...

Comment

Hey, that reminds me of something similiar a while back. I think the world's smallest web server was nothing more than this. I forgot waht the proc or hardware was but this one looks like a distant cousin to it. It wasn't this one but another I can't remember or find right now.

After staring at that picotux 100 picture again, I was thinking that if someone actually compromised and rooted that thing, in a matter of sense they would be jailing themself. Not much space to move around in there. And if you timed it just right as they were replacing your CGI scripts, you could pull the RJ45 plug on 'em and it would be like those 3 Krypton villains getting sucked into that glass doohickey, sucking their internet cracking soul in there forever. And since the picotux is so cheap, you could throw it on the ground and stomp on it a time or two just for kicks and listen to them scream beneath your feet. That would learn 'em...

Comment

Odd, I was thinking that this would be a snoopers dream - hide a complete monkey-in-the-middle sniffer inside something that looks just like a network connector!

Ideal for popping onto someone's PC and will not be spotted until a keen-eyed support guy moves the system. And like you said, could be cheap enough to make in bulk so it doesn't matter that a few get caught.

Anyone got access to network points at banks? Just wondering...

Comment

Working...
          X