Even the Big Guy can be brought to his knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the Big Guy can be brought to his knees

October 4, 2021. Facebook, the worlds largest (by far) online social networking company, is DOWN WORLDWIDE! Cause unknown (not reported - yet).
    Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 04, 2021, 02:31 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

it's only been down 45 minutes, which of course is eons in internet time
    I was working a job that uses FB's SRT etc. It all went down at the same time, FB, SRT, IG, whatssapp. The world may crumble.......

Comment

Tears, Great Big Crocodile Tears...
      Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
        Tears, Great Big Crocodile Tears...
        I am losing $$$ (along with at least thousands of others) since I can't work on 2 or 3 of my jobs
        I am not crying though.

Comment

Here is the standard corporate response
          Click image for larger version

Name:	fb_down.png
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	645227

Comment

With roughly 2.89 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2021, Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide.
            I guess FB feels that 2.89 billion people is only some people.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 04, 2021, 02:37 PM.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

@Claydoh, my tears and laughter are not aimed at you. While I'm sorry for your current loss, having a Plan B should be obvious. Something about keeping all your eggs in one basket comes to mind. Can you switch to another comm channel with your clients? You have some strong arguments to present in support of making such an alternative available between each of you.

All of us can benefit from this lesson. Pain is a great teacher. I'm Not being factious here. Will you be ready for the next time this happens? Because it will happen.
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                @Claydoh, my tears and laughter are not aimed at you. While I'm sorry for your current loss, having a Plan B should be obvious. Something about keeping all your eggs in one basket comes to mind. Can you switch to another comm channel with your clients? You have some strong arguments to present in support of making such an alternative available between each of you.

All of us can benefit from this lesson. Pain is a great teacher. I'm Not being factious here. Will you be ready for the next time this happens? Because it will happen.
                Luckily these are side gigs of sorts. I can find others.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did they not upgrade their vbulletin?

Comment

Working...
                  X