X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because, well, Science

https://phys.org/news/2021-07-beer-m...ight-line.html

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Classic physics. Love it!
    (But I prefer wine!)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

There you go. Make frisbee-shaped beer mats and you have a winning product :-)

Comment

I wonder what the cost would be for one of those 'beer mat' throwing machines, on the open market? Perhaps one with a multi-round clip?
        Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Jul 28, 2021, 10:56 AM.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.9.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
          I wonder what the cost would be for one of those 'beer mat' throwing machines, on the open market? Perhaps one with a multi-round clip?
          Opps! You're showing your age, TWP! Clips were replaced by magazines years ago!

My old M1 Garands used clips. Eight rounds in a clip. The clips were stored in pouches on an "ammo belt". One would put the clip into the top of the open breach and push down, but be careful not to get your thumb pinched! The clip carrying the ammo would go into the weapon and the clip popped out after the last shot was fired. When I was 15 I paid $75 for two surplus M1's and sporterized them. The day before I went off to college my buddy and I took them to the range and shot 400 round of reloaded ammo. My shoulder was black & blue for two weeks.

Sometime while I was in college my stepbrother sold them. Don't know how much he got for them, but today they would be worth around $2,500+ each. The "M1"'s they sell today are imitations that have plastic parts, probably to lighten the weight. The original M1's weighed, IIRC, 9.4 lbs and a day spent deer hunting by hiking around the mountains carrying that rifle could tire one out.

Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 28, 2021, 03:32 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I stand corrected Sir!
            Age does show up more frequently the more one, well, ages.
            Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.9.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Tell me about it. My 15 yr old grandson just finished his drivers training but I still help out his folks by taking him to his job and picking him up afterwards a couple times a week. He tells me everything I do wrong while driving! :

Comment

I remember when I knew everything...

Comment

Working...
                X