This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    ... their quest to stamp out the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
    What? Check out the beam in your eye, before fussing about hypothetical motes in others. The biggest challenge to your constitution since your civil war was less than 6 months ago, have you forgotten already? Or did you not hear about it, was it glossed over by Fox news?
    Regards, John Little

Comment

You're absolutely right, jlittle. There's something going on (in USA) that is hard to explain or wrap your brain around. A wave of a certain form of ignorance. Applying logic (often, slippery logic at that) to selective, even random data to construct another conspiracy theory. It is easy enough to test: give it (the theory) to a group of scientists to assess; or, even just to some contributors of Discover magazine. Oops, damn it. But of course those groups are in on some conspiracy, too, and can't be trusted for jack-s$%t. (If people wish to play with logic, I can recommend some books on mathematical logic that should keep them busy from here on out. Just keep away from the "story" part.)
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Come on Claydoh, stop holding back! Tell us what you really think!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          What? Check out the beam in your eye, before fussing about hypothetical motes in others. The biggest challenge to your constitution since your civil war was less than 6 months ago, have you forgotten already? Or did you not hear about it, was it glossed over by Fox news?
          You assume, of course that anyone who disagrees with you must be a Fox watcher. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't watch either Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC or PBS regularly. I'm not on Gab, or any other other social website, including FB or TW. What I do is a lot of Internet searching, beginning with YT, for original on-site sources of fact-base reporting, which is usually from ordinary citizens with a smartphone video or from reporters who don't make $500K+/yr to read a narrative but post to a YT account. When someone cites a news story about covid killing lots of school age kids I go to the CDC website and download their daily new cases and daily new deaths CVS files and run them through Jupyter Notebook to confirm or repudiate the news headline. Usually the media is wrong, be it from the Far Left or the Far Right and many in between.

You should try it. Especially collecting the data, most of which is funded by the US gov and is freely available. Another excellent source for medical questions is the NIH (National Institute of Health). Another is kaggle.

No, Jan 6th was NOT the worse day for the US since the civil war.

The protestors did not wear black clothes or masks or hold communist power salute signs. They wore normal clothes because they had nothing to hide and they waved the American flag, too. Something the boys and girls wearing brown shirts stained black rarely do, unless to mock it. The citizens on Jan 6th were unarmed. No capital buildings were burned down, nor were local businesses destroyed or traffic around the capital blocked for hours, until Pilosi decided to exploit the situation for political gain and called in the National Guard and put up big fence. No fence on our Southern Borders but one around our capital to keep citizens out. Imagine that.

On Jan 6th no police were physically attacked, shot or killed and none of their vehicles were destroyed. The only person shot was an female veteran, said to be an ex-apache helicopter pilot, and she was unarmed. No "CHOP/CHAZ" zone was created in front of a not abandon capital hill police station because the folks didn't attack the DC police station or the CH police station for days in advance. And the reporters there didn't have to declare it a "mostly peaceful" protest because it was entirely peaceful. The guy wearing the buffalo hat was an idiot but he was harmless. Both peaceable assembly and presentation of grievances are Constitutionally guaranteed rights. The folks were standing at the fences when the CH Police on one side of the capital let them in but beat folks on the other side.

There are websites that attempt to present all sides of a story. An example is a presentation of Critical Race Theory from allsides. But, color me old fashion. Anytime a group tells me to judge another based on skin color I know that I am looking at the real threat America faces. Anyone or group that tells me to defund the police is a person or group that hates America and wants to destroy it. Both the AntiFa and the BLM admit to being Marxist groups. The BLM co-founders even bragged about it on YT.

BTW, both you and I are on the "Far Right", unless you are a Marxist. The Marxist in America see anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with them as being members of the Far Right. But, neither your or I are members of the KKK, or the SkinHeads, or what ever group is the target of the day. We don't own slaves and never have supported slavery. We didn't institute reading tests and poll taxes to keep former slaves from voting. We didn't institute anti 2nd Amendment laws to keep former slaves from owning weapons. We didn't push separate but equal facilities, and we didn't enforce segregation of races based on color. But guess which groups do today? Strange world.

The three co-founders of the BLM are Marxists:

My daughter moved to Denver. Here is an interesting poster encountered there.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	E4OB_s3XIAEdm4K.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	645177
          and the back side:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	E4OB_s3WUAESjc4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	645178
          Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 28, 2021, 05:30 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I'm no Autocrat, nor am I a Communist nor a Nazi. I am an American who happens to understand that science is about discovery, even when discovery about what was previously believed can and must change as knowledge comes forth. Labeling someone as a Communist, solely on the basis of disagreeing about one's outlook on life, is so very easy and so very narrow-minded.

I am an American who understands that not only must each of us be our own self, but that we have a responsibility to others around us - even when we disagree. I served 21+ years in the US Air Force during the most foolish war that America was ever involved with, but I served so that everyone could be free to be as ignorant or as smart as they wanted to be.

I was wanting to get the COVID-19 vaccine from the moment it came out, not just to protect myself and my family, but to do what I could to protect my friends, neighbors, and even strangers. I wore a mask during the worst of the virus pandemic, and still carry a mask.

I really don't care that someone disagrees with me about any of that, ignorance is not something to be angry at, it is instead to be pitied.
            Last edited by jglen490; Jun 28, 2021, 05:42 PM.
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

I'm curious ... what did you previously believe and now want to change?

Comment

Well, for one, I used to vote straight Republican like my Father before me. And then one day, it occurred to me that I was ignorant and my actual outlook on life was not at all narrow.
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

No police officers were attacked? Not true

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...fused-n1271130

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol...injuries-riot/

https://youtu.be/T1ZwSd0SlBc

https://youtu.be/Ulsxi6NDTKg

Comment

Up front, let me say that we have not seen the end of events like these. It is going to get worse. Much worse. I seriously doubt that our country, our Republic and our Constitution and Bill of Rights will survive. All because of one political event which occurred 50 years ago.

But, back to your videos: I've seen them. Interesting videos and commentary. Interesting in that the MNM were reporting in support of the Capital Police, unlike their reports which were mostly against the police in the dozens of cities where the AntiFa & BLM rioted, attacked and police and nearby citizens, burned police buildings and car, commercial buildings and vehicles and more than a couple dozen people died as a result. It is also interesting that Fanone's "mild heart attack" occurred the next day, as did his "mild concussion". Five months later he is still "recuperating" but appears to be well enough to tour the MNM studios and give interviews to talking heads in which he rants against Trump, Republicans and Conservatives in general.

There were two sides to that Capital Protests. On one side, the one Fanone was on, the police engaged physically with the protestors, even violently, and it appears that the protestors responded in kind. On the other side of the Capital building protestors stood peacefully behind the fences, until the police opened the fences and encouraged them in. On that side they also opened the doors to the halls of Congress for them. Then they took selfies with the Trump supporters.

Donut Operator, an ex-cop and pro-police YT channel had an interesting video. It also verifies the police opening doors for protestors. Donut gives a different interpretation: the officer was leading protestors into a trap.

One BLM activist was caught, and claimed he was "documenting" the protests. Police didn't buy his story.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp9oNr6HCxw

Many have asked why the FBI and other gov spook agencies were caught blind by the 1/6 "insurrection"? That question assumes they were caught blind. In a recent episode of the "Gretchen Whitaker kidnapping Plot" we learned that 5 of the 14 conspirators were FBI informants/agents. When will we learn the identity and actions of the 6 "unindicted co-conspirators" of the Jan 6th event. Pro-tip: the MNM "fact checkers" almost always point away from the actual facts.

Comment

This is rather desperate clutching at straws and not actually evidence of anything. I've actually been at a protest where a small number of loons broke into a building. I stayed outside, I stayed away from the loons, I didn't go in and put my foot up on a desk. Didn't get arrested, went and got a coffee after. If people get into these situations, they will get the consequences. Whether there was one BLM, six FBI or all the Teletubbies there, none of the hundreds of trump supporters were forced to go into the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
                        This is rather desperate clutching at straws and not actually evidence of anything. I've actually been at a protest where a small number of loons broke into a building. I stayed outside, I stayed away from the loons, I didn't go in and put my foot up on a desk. Didn't get arrested, went and got a coffee after. If people get into these situations, they will get the consequences. Whether there was one BLM, six FBI or all the Teletubbies there, none of the hundreds of trump supporters were forced to go into the building.
                        "Clutching at straws"? Yet you claim "hundreds" of Trump supporters invaded the building. Where did you get that number? Most reasonable estimates put the number of people at the "Stop the Steal" rally at around 30,000. IF 500 did enter the building that about to 1.6% of the total number of protestors. In fact, most of the protestors did what you did. They stayed out of the building and went home. You paint with a might big brush. Using your brush, and since you've admitted that you were at a rally where "a small number of loons broke into a building" shall we label you as a loon?

Comment

Working...
                        X