X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy Redirect Browser Extension

https://github.com/SimonBrazell/privacy-redirect

This is a neat extension that redirects certain sites to ones that present the content with the tracking content stripped out. For instance, if you click a youtube link, it will take you to an invidious instance version of the video. If you click an instagram link, it will take you to a bibliogram version etc. It also works with embedded items too. You can toggle the services on and off individually and choose whether to direct to specific instances (where appropriate) or just use random ones each time.

Use wise, I find Invidious not the most reliable service to use so I am not sure whether I'll keep that. I use freetube for most of my youtube viewing now but it seems they tried and had problems getting it to work with the plugin. Instagram seems to be actively blocking bibliogram instances, so it may be better to select one from the list till you find one that works rather than using the random instance as I am getting a lot of errors. We've all got better things to do than look at instagram anyway. The other services seem to be working fine. Load quicker and look better than the actual sites. It's nice to not have those embedded google maps on pages especially, I prefer the look of open street maps and would only use google maps for the street view.
Working...
X