This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revmacian View Post
    No, I'm sorry but you still haven't answered the question, you've tried to apply an answer in a way that gives you a sense of closure, but you've not actually answered the question. The question is: How does any of what you're saying prevent me from obtaining food, shelter or clothing. I have ~150 local friends and family. How does any of what you're saying prevent any of them from obtaining food, shelter or clothing? I keep asking this question because I'm 57 years old and I've not seen any of the conspiracy theories affect my friends or family despite hearing the exact same theories for decades. I have, however, seen people take a small issue, make a mountain out of a molehill and act like life is over and all is lost. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people blow things out of proportion.

The answer to my question is: "it doesn't". But, conspiracy theorists hold on tight to their theories.. they've become so comfortable with chaos that they're willing to create it where it doesn't exist. I could tell you how to solve the root of the problem, but most people aren't willing to leave their comfort zones long enough to listen to truth. When I ask a conspiracy theorist how their theories have negatively affect them, not others, they just repeat their theories, just like some people in these forums are doing, because their mind won't allow them to think outside their comfort zone.

I don't have the resources to take care of, keep track of and control the rest of the world. I doubt you do either. I only have real control over one person.. me. I'm 57 years old, I'm a veteran of the US Navy, I study physics, computers, engineering, medicine, psychology, I hold college degrees and I'm a trained scuba diver. I am out and about most of the time helping others where I can - I even invite homeless people to restaurants for meals, I buy them clothes and listen to their stories.. and I've never heard them repeat anything like the conspiracy theories I hear.

Now, I'm not doubting your theories, I'm saying you need to take a good long look at those theories and see if they actually apply to you, not everyone else. If they do, then make some changes in your life, your value as a human being is not based on the opinions of others. Just because someone treats you broken doesn't mean you have to be broken. I'm deaf, people treat me broken all the time.. but I won't let that make me be a broken person - I refuse to allow their problem to become my problem.
    I don't see the point of your argument. I formed my opinion without knowledge of your existence, why would whether it personally affects you even be a part of this. I am against the principle of people losing their jobs because they posted the wrong opinion on social media. . I am against the behaviour of these corporations mentioned in the OP because of the harm they can cause, whoever it is too. How does your personal circumstance prove or disprove anything?

Comment

Sigh...
      At the risk of repeating what I posted in another thread about the "Flame wars" at Ubuntu forums many years ago that Shuttleworth had to step in and stop...

There was a "Christian CE" version of Ubuntu which never really "got off the ground" but the users really did have a "little backwater" forum where they could ask stuff, but not much stuff was asked because ...

Ubuntu forums really did allow folks to have come "freedom of expression" with their avatars.

And, by and large, the people who posted in Ubuntu CE had "Christian avatars" such as ...oh...dunno... "crosses" or "bibles" or "praying hands" or such...I don't remember, i've slept since then.

BUT... one of the folks "in there" actually poked their head out and either:

a) asked a question in another part of the forum, maybe hardware
      or)
      b) "made a comment" about something.

Well, the place figuratively EXPLODED with what is now called "political correctness" / "cancel culture" ...

comments like:
      i) how DARE YOU post a christian avatar in a public place such as the forums...
      Which, is, of course, part and parcel of the whole "remove the bible monument on the square of the town" and "remove the crosses from cemetary"...

It GOT SO BAD... that somebody literally made a "Ubuntu Satanic Edition" just to irritate "those Christians over there".

Like I said it go so bad...that one of the FEW times that Mark Shuttleworth appeared in the forums was to quash the flame wars...

For people who hate Christians do not click the below link. The distro now has it's own .com.

http://ubuntuce.com/

For people who hate Christians please feel free to click either of the links below link:

https://www.extremetech.com/computin...jugular-review

As opposed to CE, it is now in archive:

https://archiveos.org/ubuntu-satanic/

And what is mentioned in the reviews was MILD, MILD, MILD... I know because I downloaded and installed the thing on a hard drive, just as I downloaded and installed CE.

The "females" in the artwork were real women in real "stuff" like a bathtub filled with red liquid to represent blood, and quite a few drawings of nude women with their heads chopped off and spouting blood from the neck... it was really...mild compared to today!!! really! lol

So, again, I do not know what was going on with the OP or whatever, except to note:

He was complaining about not being able to get "into the forum" but...was in the forum to make the complaint.

There are a variety of appelations which might be applied to such a person if the same was done in "other forums"... the old #! comes to mind!!! or ARCH...!!! lol..

anyway

I am SO GLAD THAT KUBUNTU FORUMS IS ALL ABOUT TOAST AND JAM!!!!
      woodsmoke
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 19, 2021, 11:33 AM.
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I read about that "battle". It started around 2006, IRC.
        The battle was going on when I moved to Kubuntu with the 9.04 Alpha release.
        The last release of the Ubuntu CE was 12.04 and a KDE option was also available.
        The last release of the SE was in July of 2011.

The creators of the CE version did roll their own distro with Bibles, Bible study software, icons, pre-set firewall and wallpaper preinstalled on their distro. The SE creators merely made available icons and wallpaper that could be downloaded to Ubuntu or any of its derivatives.

Both are history now, after 5 or 6 years of tilting at windmills.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X