This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Need Report Bug for Dolphin File Manager

Dolphin File Manager crashed my laptop.It is good file manager, I meet it since it comes with Kubuntu as a default but I get a bug because its stupid programming.

So, need the report the bug, but I dont know enough information about Linux communities either kubuntu forums.So, I want to report it to where or who is the true.

I get the bug with these steps:

There are gif files in a folder.Their names are different.I select all and want to change their name.So, dolphin wanted name form from me. I wrote "preloader#" and set 1 for the starting number.you know # refers the numbers.normally, it must change the file names to like that : preloader1, preloader2 etc...

But, there was least one same name file with the name what I want.For example, there was a preloader3 file in that folder.

So, it give me many message window (like pop-up) that say this fact.The message windows crashed my laptop because bad programming.

Normally, it must give only one window for first detected same name file, if I skip with any opiton, then it give me another window for another file.However, it gave me all message windows suddenly ( at the same time ) so my cpu heated.

Also, to better option, if dolphin can detect all these problemetic file because their names, it can new file name algorithm window to set new configure.

So, it is dangerous with current form.

Dolphin 's menu >> Help >> report bug.
    This will take you to KDE's bug tool, with some sections pre-filled. You will probably need to change the 'Platform' section to select 'kubuntu packages'

Cannot reproduce this here, on the latest version of Dolphin, 20.04.2 (KDE Neon), nor in Kubuntu Focal 20.04 (Dolphin 19.12.3)

Comment

Working...
    X