Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calumny - a false and malicious statement designed to injure the reputation of someone or something.

Yes, I do have this intention with respect to Google. However I do not think my statements are false, but certainly malicious.

A 'successful' business model does not make that model either ethical or desirable. 'nuf said.

Back to the top du jour, HTTP3, as it is labeled in my original link, would require rewriting of browser and server tools. Website design will, IMO, be required to adjust to that new code. Perhaps not a perceptible change to the end user, but certainly visible to me as a site developer.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
      Back to the top du jour, HTTP3, as it is labeled in my original link, would require rewriting of browser and server tools. Website design will, IMO, be required to adjust to that new code. Perhaps not a perceptible change to the end user, but certainly visible to me as a site developer.
      Do you have any indication what should be changed? As far as I understand it only browsers and servers will have to change things.
      I guess (hope) if you really have to change html/css/JavaScript/PHP etc. the same thing will happen as with xhtml.

Comment

The only information I have is from the original article and the single link to a discussion thread at the bottom of that article. That discussion is basically about how to name this proposed protocol. No hard information about features or how to apply the new protocol.

You might read that thread to get a better idea of what is being planned. I found it encouraging that it is being discussed as moving away from the Google version.

I Don't read any suggestion that there will be significant changes to html/css/javascript/PHP. BUT, there will certainly be some changes in the way this proposed protocol is coded, I expect these will be minor but far reaching, like a new header line to inform the server/client how to interpret the code.

Having stirred this cup, I'll watch for more information to float to the top, but I'm not a member of the working groups nor of the discussion groups like the IETF thread. I'll look at the meta information which reaches the news feeds which I follow.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

@TWPonKubuntu: Thanks. That's about the same ideas I have. Though I'm still suspicious about Google, but at the other hand IETF is not Google, so I hope things are really only getting better.

Comment

Working...
          X