This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQLite creator crucified

for having a Code of Conduct which was the creation of St Benedict, around 500AD.
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/1...de_of_conduct/

The original author of SQLite and its main administrator, D. Richard Hipp, received "100 per cent buy-in from all committers prior to publishing", which was eight months ago. He and the Code of Benedict became the focal point for the Left's rage machine this morning.

One commenter wrote:
    ""Well, it looks like it may be time to stop using SQLite as it's readily apparent that my kind is not welcome there," sighed programmer James Hollingshead." He didn't say what "his kind" is. A strange comment since Mrs. Sarah Sharp pointed out that refusing to honor a "non-binary's prefered gender designation", as I did in this posting, will get one ejected from any group that adopts her particular code of conduct. One must concluded that the "kind" she objects to are Conservative Christians who espouse that marrige is between a man and a women, the only gender options available in normal biological creation. However, in today's politically correct atmosphere Christians, especially White male Christians, are the new kicking boy.

The insanity continues.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

While eating popcorn during the show... I wonder what Linus might have to say about this? The new PC Linus? The jury is out.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Well, simple solution, don't screw with other people's lives.

That's what respect is.

What we now have is "do unto others before they do it to you". Completely fringe wackiness.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

jglen490, agreed. The CoC does not respect MY views and beliefs... I expect to have a knock on my door from the PC police any day now. Should I purge my laptop of any pre-CoC Linux code? I think I still have some old DOS disks, sanitized and blessed by IBM...

I wish I were able to joke about this. Maybe my grandchildren will get a laugh at us.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Have fun with it, just remember it's really easy to slip into a pharisaical mind set. If you're a Linux developer, then maybe you have a choice to make, otherwise it's no one's business. Whether you execute code created under pre-CoC or CoC is immaterial - it's still Linux, the CPU couldn't care less, and the screen display is no different.
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Hmmm... Text sometimes obscures my attempts at humor.

My experience is that the current younger generation acts as if being Politically Correct (PC) is a proper response to the rest of the world. I take it as insulting to me, personally, when I am expected to act in a PC manner. I also view people who expect PC behavior to be both indoctrinated and lacking in the ability to exercise common sense. The person referenced in GreyGeek's OP is a case in point.

If you don't see this in your immediate community, that is a good thing. Watch the Main Stream Media sources for examples of PC behavior, particularly among those who are recent college graduates or soon to be such but certainly not limited to that demographic.

[humor on]
            Now that I've drained any possible humor from the situation, you might do a non-google web search on the term "PC police" and raise your paranoia coefficient.
            [humor off]

If you cannot laugh at what GreyGeek describes, then please know that I have only ridicule and derision for those who live in a PC world. They wear their blinders by choice.

Comment

Everyone has their own version of political correctness. It comes from one's own point of view of the world, how one perceives the world, and how one wants the world to behave.

I know, humor is the best medicine - but it has to be funny. You can insult a friend, but only if you both know that the insult equally applies to yourself and to your friend. You can't insult a stranger and get away with it.

Sorry to be grim, but we have created a world that is presently filled to brim with it. And it starts with a stubborn willingness to not be respectful. Our politicians, leaders, entertainers - way too many engage in it.

Comment

Gender apparently is no longer based on sex/genetics. Maybe one day there'll be a man (no pun intended) page to explain things. Or maybe https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...t-definitions/ is enough:
                For starters, keep in mind that such terms are often fluid in of themselves, and may change depending on who is using them.
                and
                Gender is someone’s own internal understanding about whether they are a man or a woman, something in between, [or] none of those things
                and
                I identify as genderqueer, because a lot of times I feel like a woman, and a lot of times I feel like a dude who feels like wearing women’s clothes. Sometimes I feel like a dude who doesn’t wear women’s clothes. I think that it’s a complicated thing
                and
                Someone can be trans, genderfluid, genderqueer, and non-binary all at the same time.
                and
                A sapiosexual is someone who is turned on and attracted to intelligence, or someone’s mind before their appearance.
                How all this plays out will be fascinating.
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

People who imagine themselves to be something other than an XX or XY, save for that fraction of a percent who have mixed up chromosomes, are IMO mentally ill or easily delusional.

I also have observed that while they claim to seek and support "inclusiveness" they become an extremely exclusive group with zero tolerance for those who are or think differently from them. And if you don't agree with them they will attack you physically, DOX you, and campaign to get you fired from your job. They are certainly not champions of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, where the accused has a Constitutional right to face and question his accusers. What they are doing is wrong and they know it. That's why they wear black and mask their faces when they behave like Brown Shirts or Chinese Red Guards, hitting people with clubs, chains, bricks, bats and other hardware, and throwing urine and feces on them. Hypocrisy at its finest.
                  Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 24, 2018, 12:08 PM.
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

LOL
                    I clicked this thread THINKING that it was going to be about a dev writing horribly bad code! Was I surprised!

But to Chirmak111 statement

Gender is someone’s own internal understanding
                    THAT should TRUELY be HORRIFYING to ANYONE... the implications are staggering.

Imagine that YOU are new to a position:
                    a) you cannot actually ASK anyone what is going on with them because that, on it's face indicates that you are anti-whatever and are open to ACCUSATION

b) Since a lot of "such" do not wear a sign on their neck describing what is going on in their brain if you "treat them" as this or that as an assumption or... horrors...as "normal as understood in terms of XX and XY genetics"...

again, you are screwed and open to be fired immediately, depending on how buddy buddy the person is with HR.

EVEN THEY should be scared...because they could make the SAME mistake about another person who identfies in their mind and the person ACCUSES them to HR and she, he, it, whatever is immediately fired.

This whole thing is just scary and should be to ANYone...

However, "it" has no consequence as long as one is "part of the group" and "everyone just knows"...

I actually scuba with a certain "organization" and will not get into details but the very FIRST time that I dived with the group, the person who RAN IT... told me privately that I should not even ATTEMPT to interact with persons A , B, C because I am from the MIDWEST!!

I was invited to give a presentation at the NISOD conference in Austin TX a few years ago on my teaching methods. There was a "person" sitting off to the side supposedly reading a newspaper. I figured that this person was who was really running the operation and after registration in a VERY POLITICALLY CORRECT menage of hundreds of people...,

So, since I can talk to anybody, if they will let me, I went over and asked about suggestions for sightseeing, food, etc. and was given some very nice suggestions and then...the person said..."You are such and such from "name of state" right?"

I replied in the afirmative.

And was told..."it would not be adviseable to go over to sixth street since you are from "name of state".

Well, i elicited further comment and the person was very nice but... the mere fact that I was from a GEOGRAPHICAL area that is not "correct" is well, what can one say...

Does ANYBODY remember the "flame wars" at Ubuntu forums about "Ubuntu Christian Edition" when everybody had their own custom forum image and somebody that was "supposed to stay in the Ubuntu CE sub forum" actually ventured out to ask a question and...the image...the IMAGE...the IMAGE CONTAMINATED the whole Ubuntu forum and people were foaming at the mouth!

It got so bad, after the SATANIC edition was created( created ...lol...) that Shuttleworth himself stepped in and set new rules to keep the "umbragedliberals" from trashing the place.

sheesh,...

satanic edition is in archive... it featured images of women...hmm women...in bathtubs of blood with various arms and legs chopped off as wallpaper..
                    and that created by people who SHOUT TO THE CEILING ( not heavens ) about their INCLUSIVITY with women... what's up with that!

https://archiveos.org/ubuntu-satanic/

UbuntuCE is still an ongoing distro. However, it's only real advantage was a built in and thoroughly enabled antivirus, parental locking software package. it also offered various apps to project stuff on the big screens in the sanctuaries and some music organizing collections. I actually joined the forum and tried the distro, it was well ... dunno...just couldn't get interested in it and the forum people were VERY defensive, if one was going to contribute much one had to "prove church affiliation"... they were no really very knowledgeable about "Linux" but...

were DOING what "we" ALL say that "we" want, that Windblows users were TRYING to become Ubuntu users...

of course this omits the "Linux/CLI/purist" who could care less if ANYone actually uses Linux, they are doing it for the sake of doing it...

I won't mention the "media player" forum that I joined to offer playtesting etc. for the app and was curtly told that they neither wanted or needed me and go away, it was "their exercise" and anyone actually trying to USE it was just an annoyance.

http://ubuntuce.com/

woodgladhelivesinarelativelybenignenvironmentsmoke
                    Last edited by woodsmoke; Nov 19, 2018, 12:50 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X