Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Amazon collects the tax I won’t care.
    GreyGeek Amazon has charged sales tax Since April 1, 2017.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#bad6ddb4e59a
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...?nodeId=468512
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Not with my purchases, here in Nebraska.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GG;
        Does Amazon have a warehouse in Nebraska? That is what it took here (Nevada) for them to start billing sales tax.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
          GG;
          Does Amazon have a warehouse in Nebraska? That is what it took here (Nevada) for them to start billing sales tax.
          Nope.
          I hope that Amazon begins collecting taxes and doesn't just file an annual report of taxes due to Nebraska, but what ever is cheapest for Bezos is what Amazon will do.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Agreed. If sales tax is to be paid, I'd rather it were included in the bill at the time of purchase.

I'd not like to get a bill from State Revenue for unpaid sales tax on online purchases... That would be painful.
            Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
            X