This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Humpday Humor

If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Yesterday a friend of mine showed me his new HP notebook with Win10 installed.
    He said that he got an “out of space” error and could not save any additional documents.
    I determined that it was his free Dropbox account that was out of space
    We plugged in his 320GB USB drive and moved the 2GB of documents to it and deleted them out of Dropbox.

Then I noticed that his local storage, and boot drive, was a 32GB SSD, and that the Win10 OS took 27GB of that SSD.
    Apparently that PC was sold with a Dropbox account being the principle storage medium.
    I pointed him to some USB sticks of 64, 128 and 256GB capacity that he could use as a storage device without having to depend on an Internet Connection. He is from Botswana and is returning today.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 20, 2018, 09:07 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

MS relieved the pressure and pain associated with release of new versions by changing to a "Win 10 upgraded forever" model, for the time being. So they just introduce new bugs to their existing OS, rather than release a buggy new version, thereby avoiding a general uproar from the market when everyone notices the problems at the same time. Fairly brilliant tactic, actually, when you think about it from their point of view. Not so great, as usual, for their customers ... the more things change, the more they remain the same.
      Last edited by dibl; Jun 20, 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks SpecialEd, I needed that.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
        X