This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the woodsmoker TRON legacy gets better as time passes

Probably for the "new folks" to Linux this will be just a bunch of blather but...

TRON the original was about "fighting back" against a) the whole concept of BIG BROTHER and against b) "closed source" software... through the use of gaming "metaphors".

It is just an opinion of the old woodsmoker but I think that most, if not all, of the "old groaners" literally loved it, it "personified" the thing(s) that the Old Groaners were railing against...

As to Legacy, I would offer two comments...

a) the graphics really are stunning with the "light jets", the swirling "contrails" are just well. marvy!

and there are other small graphical things such as the faces in the master disk "water like swirls" in the cycle walls etc.

b) but it really did ...FORSEE by just a year or two...the whole thing about the "software" literally "taking over"...that..."programs"...think...ALGORITHMS for F!@#book, Tweestorm, AMAZINS ALEEXA etc. etc... I mean...

The phone call that was made without the owners permission or knowledge was not a "hacker" thing...

The device did JUST WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED to do using it's provided algorithms.

Alexa sent a private phone call ( listened in on a conversation during the phone call) to a random contact

On first viewing Legacy I had missed that little line when the new master program was giving his rant speech the first time around but it is there... a clear prediction about how the "WORLD WIDE" "programs" would control people.

In the first TRON the "implication" seemed to be more that there was a "master control program" to "control the programs"...think MicroSith,

but the emphasis in Legacy seems to be that the software will literally control people...

All in all a fine "legacy" ( pun intended ) IMO and contrary to what the talking head elites opined when it was released.

Sooooo to all the Old Groaners...if you have not seen Legacy it is suggested that you watch it...

And for new folks... rent both DVDs and watch the original first and then Legacy...

All of you with popcorn and a beverage, of course, and maybe a better half or an offspring... possibly an offspring ...not that interested in Linux ...and maybe...dunno..

if anyone has comments, yay or nay, please so post.

woodsmoe
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X