X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You made my linux-year

Haven't posted here in a long time.

Thank you to everyone involved getting the new Kubuntu LTS off the ground.

I am literally blown away at how far its come over the last 2 years. So far this has been the most positive Linux experience of 2018 - by far. Great fonts, low on resources, no issues with Nvidia, Bluetooth works. I think Kubuntu is seriously underrated.

Manjaro and Fedora Plasma may have a nice community or good base behind themselves but I don't think they come close to the stability and roundness of the Kubuntu experience these days.

Originally posted by simonsaysthis View Post
    Haven't posted here in a long time.

Thank you to everyone involved getting the new Kubuntu LTS off the ground.

I am literally blown away at how far its come over the last 2 years. So far this has been the most positive Linux experience of 2018 - by far. Great fonts, low on resources, no issues with Nvidia, Bluetooth works. I think Kubuntu is seriously underrated.

Manjaro and Fedora Plasma may have a nice community or good base behind themselves but I don't think they come close to the stability and roundness of the Kubuntu experience these days.
    +1 I came back to Kubutu with 18.04 also and have to say so far it's been stellar in performance and stability. My hat's off to the devs.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Same here. Amazed at how far Kubuntu has come. I looked at all the new Ubuntu and Spins for 18.04 and nothing caught my attention except Kubuntu, and it has held my attention. Most excited I've been in a long time about anything from Ubuntu.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with what has already been said! Plasma 5.12.5 combined with the LTS base is the most solid, modern looking release I have seen in ages. I now have it installed on two laptops and my main desktop!

Comment

Originally posted by exploder View Post
          I couldn't agree more with what has already been said! Plasma 5.12.5 combined with the LTS base is the most solid, modern looking release I have seen in ages. I now have it installed on two laptops and my main desktop!
          Hi exploder! I also have it on two laptops, my Thinkpads, and an hp desktop. I'm still kind of in shock at how nice Kubuntu 18.04 turned out.

Comment

Working...
          X