Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly...

"Open Source" says the sign. The sign is being held by Google(r)...

Google Says Its Upcoming Fuchsia OS Is Not Linux, Uses Zircon Kernel
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/google-says-its-upcoming-fuchsia-os-is-not-linux-uses-zircon-kernel-520641.shtml

Google Fuchsia is not Linux: So, what is it and who will use it?
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/google...o-will-use-it/

Google's not-Linux OS documentation cracks box open at last
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/12/googles_notlinux_os_documentation_cracks_box_open_ at_last/

Why is my "spider sense" tingling?
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Based on what they know about you (generically speaking) just using their gmail, if you ran their OS they would have total control of your computer. Period. They'd ALREADY KNOW every account name and password for every site you visit because gmail gives them that, and they'd know your root password, your kwallet password and your KGpg password. How? If you don't think Zircon doesn't contain a keyboard logger (which will be obfuscated and will not show on any process listing) you are deluding yourself, just for "free" candy. Also, they'll control your webcam and microphone, or use your speaker as a microphone. The light that comes on when your webcam is turned on won't come on (if your box has such a light, mine doesn't). You'll be streaming video and sound to their servers and it will be used for more than just demographics for sales. Everything coming into and leaving your computer will go through their AI filter and if you don't think that Google isn't political you haven't been paying attention.

Strange. I've seen the birth of the PC with Apple in 1978 and the birth Internet out of DARPA a few years later. I've seen freedom expand on the Internet, only to be captured and destroyed by large fascist organizations, both news & business. And now I am watching the destruction of both the PC and the Internet. All in the space of less than 50 years.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 13, 2018, 12:49 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I refuse to get the implant, even if it means I can't use banks, buy food or drive cars. Said only partly in jest... Look at India, right now.

So, where will it go from here? Will humanity retain control (assuming that we have it now)? What will happen to the sheeple who want the "free" lunch?

I confess, my optimism is at a low point today.
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

HEED YOU...this...

I was in a huge thing on several fora about..."read only"...as opposed to "read write"...

fundamentally "if the "whatever" can "see" it ...it can also GET AROUND ANYTHING...to get "at it"...

the operative words are..."see it"...in other words it if can "list, whatever" ..."the code"..."IT"..."has"...the code...

and everthing else is crappola...

Wanna be free?

Download the Kali Linux cd.

Burn it...

and try to log into the live cd to burn it to the hard drive.

if you can log into the live cd...

then you may have gotten your head out of your apps.

if you can't...

welll... ok.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X