Clear All

23.10 default wallpaper

Click image for larger version

Name:	annapurna-small.png
Views:	177
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	675502
    How to waste time...

I happened to have the 23.10 iso booted and passing by my wife asked me what the mountain was. I quickly found that the picture is credited to Daniel Leone on Unsplash, but he has thousands of glorious photos there, and I spent half an hour looking through them, but I didn't find the one I was looking for.

Eventually I found a version that had metadata that said "Poon Hill", a trekking destination in Nepal, but there are many majestic peaks seen from there. A lot more searching and I found a series of annotated panoramas from Poon Hill, and the mountain is Annapurna. The peak in the middle is Annapurna South, 7219 m, and Annapurna I, 8091 m, is one of the peaks to the left.
    Regards, John Little

Thanks. You were probably one of very few people on this planet to know this until now.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thanks for the info
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Yes, thanks for the info; trivial but interesting.

Comment

Panorama photo taken from Poon Hill, Nepal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	118
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	675526
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Panorama photo taken from Poon Hill, Nepal.
            The Kubuntu wallpaper photo was taken at sunrise, with the sun just catching the peaks, so that some stars are still visible. I think I prefer the less gloomy view.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X