This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Environment Ranking Poll from Linus Journal

This IS NOT a poll post. The poll is from Linux Journal Readers' Choice Awards

https://www.linuxjournal.com/content...op-environment

Sadly, the article does not state the actual number of votes. It was also based on Twitter(r) users input...

Still, the question remains, why is Kubuntu being deprecated?

My error, it is Linux Mint which is deprecating their KDE distro.
    Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Mar 24, 2018, 07:22 PM. Reason: That would be Linux not Linus...
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.9.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Kubuntu is being deprecated?

Comment

My error, edited my OP to reflect this.
      Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.9.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

KDE is a fantastic environment but it’s also a different world, one which evolves away from us and away from everything we focus on. Their apps, their ecosystem and the QT toolkit which is central there have very little in common with what we’re working on.
        and more: https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3418
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I use Linux Mint XFCE and KDE (because Kubuntu no longer works on my 32 bit system), but I would return to Kubuntu in a heartbeat if I could.

Linux Mint has a problem of resources (not enough devs to work on a KDE distro). I still have Mint KDE on one of my systems and it works fine. But future releases won't support it. Reading their list of supported projects, I could voice some dissatisfaction with their having too many "irons in the fire" as-it-were. But it is their choice, not mine.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

At least Linux will still exist.

Comment

Working...
          X