Monophony-YouTube Music Listening Application-Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monophony-YouTube Music Listening Application-Free

I hope I’m in the right area post this. I have something that I’d like to mention about a Linux software site called “SoftPedia©”, which many of you probably know about. It has lots of Linux software and always has the latest and greatest Linux applications. I went to the Linux tab at Softpedia and searched for “KDE” and found tons of stuff. I’m still doing more exploring. I have used Softpedia many times before for hard to get Windows software. This place has lots of software of all kinds.

If you are unsure about downloading and installing software from internet sites I don’t blame you. I only use it to get ideas and then I install in from the Discover Center or at the command line or package or whatever but I want to get some personal reviews first (from real users) and see how stable and good the program is before installing.

If you like listening to music I found one little Gem and it has been well received. It’s called “Monophony”. After I read the review on SoftPedia I thought I would give it a try, so I looked and found it on Discover and that is where I read glowing reviews so I downloaded it and ran it. It works really well with no problems. It allows you to stream music from YouTube without going to the website itself. The program has a clean interface and you just type in what kind of music you want to listen to. I choose to listen to “Willie Nelson” and typed that in and found lots of his music and pressed what I wanted to hear and that was it. I only spent a few minutes doing it so I really haven’t explored all it can or cannot do. You’ll have to see for yourself. Cheers!​

One more thing. I tried to add the URL over and over again but it wouldn't take it. Here it is https://linux. softpedia. com

Just link to the destination (flathub) that Softpedia ends up linking to after numerous useless page loads (and avoid the ads for this website that add no (real) value)
    or its actual home page

Originally posted by JeffRedd View Post
    I tried to add the URL over and over again but it wouldn't take it.
    No idea on that, but just enter some text, such as a name or description. Highlight that text and hit the Link button on the text editor. In the popup, you can enter the URL.

OR type it out like so:

Code:
    [url=some.website.com] The Name Of the Thing I am Linking To [/url]
    example:

Code:
    [url=https://linux.softpedia.com/] Softpedia's click-farm website with some Linux stuff they got from scraping other websites[/url]

I can't say why just adding the full url isn't working for you: https://linux.softpedia.com/

Comment

• JeffRedd
      JeffRedd commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time I'll just mention the website. I didn't even try the dowload from there but I could have. I read more reviews in the Discover Center and that is where I installed it. Not sure why it didn't work for me but I have had this problem before when trying to use the post link icon. It only happens sometimes. No big problem.
Working...
X