This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeaMonkey issues

As always, I'm way behind on updating anything, including SeaMonkey...I don't even know what version they're up to right now, but I'm using 2.39. Anyway, within the last month or so Bank of America changed their login page, and it doesn't work for me. When I go here, I get the login page; would you please try it and see if you do, too. If not, find their sign on link and go there. Even if you're not really a customer, just enter anything for the username and password and then select "Sign In". Other than the button changing from red to blue, does anything happen? It doesn't for me. Luckily, I have an old link whose login page works fine for me.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the first page isn't working with SeaMonkey? It works fine with Chrome (I haven't bothered trying any other browsers), but I use SM and want it to work, damn it!

Also, I recently had some issues with JacquieLawson.com's e-cards. The preview would appear and say to click on it to view the card, but clicking on it just yielded a blank, black box. As with BofA, they worked fine with Chrome. Right now I can't find a single example, so I probably shouldn't even bother posting this, but whatever!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

I, personally, would contact BofA and tell them you are having issues connecting via the Web and need to talk to a website tech person. Once connected, you can explain what is happening. It is very likely that "they" will know what's going on and can advice accordingly.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      I, personally, would contact BofA and tell them you are having issues connecting via the Web and need to talk to a website tech person. Once connected, you can explain what is happening. It is very likely that "they" will know what's going on and can advice accordingly.
      I looked for a way to e-mail them, but they've apparently done away with that contact option. Perhaps I'll try calling them.

Something I just remembered: almost every time I access BofA I get an annoying message that my browser is "no longer supported" and to upgrade to a modern browser. And I've been getting this message for YEARS, regardless of how current (or not) my version of SM might be. I've always just "close"d it to get it out of my way. My ability to use the site, even now--with the exception of logging in on the newly redesigned login page--has never been hindered by my "no longer supported" browser.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
        As always, I'm way behind on updating anything, including SeaMonkey...I don't even know what version they're up to right now, but I'm using 2.39. Anyway, within the last month or so Bank of America changed their login page, ...
        https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ shows 2.49.1 as the latest. The prominent link is for 32-bit. You'll need to hunt for the "community 64-bit build".

There still maybe a ppa (32-bit?) at https://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuntuzilla/:
        2 months ago
        Ubuntuzilla: Mozilla Software Installer released /mozilla/apt/pool/main/s/seamonkey-mozilla-build/seamonkey-mozilla-build_2.49.1-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X