This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody had a look at Edubuntu?

I ran across the release of the new distro Edubuntu and thought I could use it. I downloaded it and burnt it onto a thumb drive (twice) and tried to run a live session to check it out on two of my PC's but was only able to get to the screen which gives the option to try it or install it after which it does not do anything, it is not frozen as I still have mouse control but no icons or bar, ie nothing to click. So hoping someone else had more success than I I'm asking for your impressions.

As Edubuntu is GNOME-based you could probably get more feedback in a regular Ubuntu forum or on Reddit

KDE has got quite a lot of educational software too.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 25, 2023, 06:05 AM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      KDE has got quite a lot of educational software too.
      Edubuntui used to be KDE based, originally. I thought that it disappeared for a while.

In any case, at the OS level, Edubuntu, Kubuntu, and Ubuntu 23.04 proper are 100% identical, so I tend to suspect a bad download, a bad 'burn' (or bad software, rather), or flaky USB sticks. Hopefully not all three

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Edubuntui used to be KDE based, originally. I thought that it disappeared for a while.

In any case, at the OS level, Edubuntu, Kubuntu, and Ubuntu 23.04 proper are 100% identical, so I tend to suspect a bad download, a bad 'burn' (or bad software, rather), or flaky USB sticks. Hopefully not all three
        I did everything twice and then used the same stick to install Kubuntu, it's definitely a bug, talking of which Ubuntu have now tightened everything up so much in bug reporting it's now a major operation which quite frankly is not worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
        X