This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
    I am wondering if you have tried adding the ppa that I mentioned above, ie sudo add-apt-repository ppa:videolan/master-daily. For my system it works well and I have VLC launching every time I select a mp4 or DVD.
    Only to see if the bug also existed with that. It did.

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post

Only to see if the bug also existed with that. It did.
      So sorry that you are having trouble with that ppa, as I have Nvidia and AMD Laptops each with Kinetic fully installed and VLC gives the same performance with media files. I should also mention that I use Pre-released updates.

I am currently away from Home and will not be returning for about two weeks, so I do not know if my Nvidia system is still working with the latest VLC updates which seem to come every couple of days.

Comment

I am starting to wonder if the latest VLC has some dependencies unsatisfied. I install many multimedia applications which maybe why VLC works for me.

I have gone through my list and the applications which I think may be related to why VLC works for me are:
        Code:
        winff-qt;
        phonon4qt5-backend-vlc;
        libvdpau-va-gl1;
        libvdpau-dev;
        libxine2-all-plugins;
        dragonplayer;
        kubuntu-restricted-extras;
        mesa-utils;
        sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-*
        There are other applications such as audacity, kazam and kdenlive which I also have installed and their dependencies may also have a bearing my working VLC.

I hope that this is of some use to getting a working VLC.

Comment

Working...
        X