X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38 percent of North American Internet down

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

That's a tad misleading, as it presumes 38% of North America's routers handle 38% of the total traffic, which of course, isn't the case; there is routing redundancy planned in the deployment/configuration of all those routers.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Why let facts get in the way of a good news story!

Comment

North America
        Avg. Response Time: 29
        Avg. Packet Loss: 0 %
        Total Routers: 37
        Network up: 62 %
        If 38% of America's main routers are not down then 62% of them are not up and the figures mean nothing. 14 of the 38 primary US routers are down. Zero traffic.

I know what you are saying: the fact that some routers have 0% traffic and others have 100% traffic means that PCs normally fed by the servers which are at 0% are getting "some" internet from servers that are not at 0%. However, many people are reporting NO Internet, no phone, no cable TV connection at all. I.E., their Internet is not bypassing the "blockage".

I only noticed the drop off because my normal speed of 65-70 Mbps seemed slow. This afternoon, when I tested it, I got speeds ranging between 2 Mbps to 20 Mbps but none any where near my normal speed. Now it's between 48-65 Mbps.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 20, 2017, 07:13 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

ekkktuallly it was 73 percent, the people on either coast don't count the centre of the land mass.

And that is because we are generally line dancing and drinking waay too much 'shine from quart jars to worry about the chattering class.

woodjusthicsayingandguesswhat,,,,it didn't matter to anybody but the chattering class...I got paid on time just fine smoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X