This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Forum question about avatars

Okay, since I've looked all around and can't find a better place to put this, I'll ask here. Is there a limit or minimum requirement for how many posts you have to have before your avatar shows up on posts? I don't need to know the number as I know if that's public spammers might try and abuse it. Although if the number is high enough I suspect they'd be long gone before ever hitting that point. haha. Anyhow, if there's not a limit or I've long since passed it, why isn't my avatar showing up? Just curious is all. ^_^;; Also, ps, if there's a better forum for questions like this, please let me know. Thanks.

No, there's no post limit for avatars.

If you've set your avatar up it probably means that there is something wrong with it, perhaps too big as there is a size limit or the wrong type of image file. It's probably been rejected by the system.

This is from the custom avatar section of the Edit profile page: "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller)."
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

You don't have an Avatar set on your Profile; you have a Profile image. If you set an Avatar, it will show.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Oops. Miss type.
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Again!

(You're not alone! )
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ah, there we go. I guess that was confusing me for some reason. lol. I guess I wasn't thinking when it came to profile image vs avatar. But it's now working. Thanks guys. ^_^

Comment

Whatever you do DO NOT go over the size limit of your profile image, if yo do ...you will be automagically banned by Matilda, the pink dragon who does maintenance.

however your avatar ...dunno...never saw an avatar except for that movie that tanked.

woodwholovesyababysmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
              X