This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody with experience of Firefox Pocket

Things are getting "complicatedy" with this hybrid biology class in that I want to try to be "current" with stuff and to that end I have always e-mailed links to myself at the college and can then easily place the links in a dedicated folder in Canvas for the students to view.

So, I am considering the use of "Pocket" in FF to possibly simply finding stuff as opposed to just searching through e-mails.

Gawwdy mercy! there are so MANY linky/collecty/posty/you nameity apps out there! :0

Any way... here is a linky to the app for those who may be reading this and not using it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...pocket-firefox

Particularly, supposedly I can "save an url" but I normally get these from various "feedy/newsy" things on my phone and they are "scientific articles" and such and I have not seen a "button" for Pocket.

Maybe the "button" appears AFTER I install the app on my phone?

So, any comments as to usability and ease of use?

woodthanksyouaheadoftimesmoke

I use Pocket on my desktop. The button is a thing that looks like a small 'v' which appears next to the 'show your bookmarks' button on the toolbar at top. I find it useful. Be aware, however, that you will start to get a daily e-mail (if you use g-mail) with the 'best of Pocket' articles. I couldn't keep up with them after awhile and just delete them once they pile up.

Comment

oldgeek that is EXACTLY what I was looking for that "might happen", I don't need any added stuff, I was HOPING that I could possibly work it with my college's Outlook e-mail so that things "might be more straightforward" in terms of working with Canvas ( the college's learning management system). so... I'll await other folks providing possible tips and then try to do the install using the Outlook account.

Advice MUCH appreciated!

woodthankeesmoke

Comment

Working...
      X