X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning for 3.25 million Chrome users.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywi...h=71dfc7ebaaa2

Google has issued an emergency security update for all Chrome users as it confirms that attackers are already exploiting a high severity zero-day vulnerability.

The emergency update to version 99.0.4844.84 of Chrome is highly unusual in that it addresses just a single security vulnerability. A fact that only goes to emphasize how serious this one is.

In a Chrome stable channel update announcement, published March 25, Google confirms it "is aware that an exploit for CVE-2022-1096 exists in the wild."

All Chrome users are therefore advised to ensure their browsers are updated as a matter of urgency.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

It came across a couple of days ago. I don't use Chrome too often, but when I do it's usually been updated by Google.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Saw that a few days ago. Don't use Chrome but wife's tablet does and she received an update that supposedly fixes the problem. I do use Vivaldi that is base on chrome's engine and have received two updates in recent days. Hope if it is affected that the updates contained a fix.
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

.......don't forget to update Chromium, Brave Edge, Opera, and anything else using the open-source V8 JavaScript engine (the part that actually has the vulnerability)

Comment

Thanks for the reminder claydoh
          Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

I use Chrome on the phone and it's been updated to 100.0.4896.58 Would of been nice if they had a date too

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
              Would of been nice if they had a date too
              Chrome on Android 100.0.4896.58 2022-03-30
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Chrome on Android 100.0.4896.58 2022-03-30
                It was not shown in the About link of Chrome on my Moto G maybe in the Play Store? Or in the settings?

Comment

Chrome doesn't. Google search does.

Comment

Play store
                    Attached Files

Comment

“10,000,000,000+ downloads”! That’s more than the Earths population! Not sure I believe their stats!
                      Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 03, 2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                        “10,000,000,000+ downloads”! That’s more than the Earths population! Not sure I believe their stats!
                        Multiple devices per person/household, and I am sure that a new phone/tablet = new downloads, so it adds up over time.
                        Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 03, 2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X