No announcement yet.

Just tried Desktop Session: Plasma (Wayland) on my 22.04 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried it again and this time I actually got to the desktop. Most of the nVidia settings were missing and X-Plane 11 refused to use Vulkan and defaulted to OpenGL​.

I'm back on Xorg once again. Now, if I can find an inexpensive AMD card with similar spec to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb card I'd go for it! (power consumption must be max 75 Watts)
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

With this power consumption limit the only AMD graphics card for you would be a Radeon RX 6400 (max. 53 Watts - max. power consumption in real world tests is more like 43-45 Watts, though).

PS: Here is the first comparison I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMcv0FyRmQQ
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 28, 2023, 04:25 AM. Reason: added PS
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        A year has past and I just switched to Wayland. The touchpad setting has the checkbox "Device enabled". I checked it and hit "Apply". The touchpad is off.

Now I'm going to see how stable it is.
        It's been a week since I switched to wayland. The experience has been much better than a year ago. My Intel Iris Xe is working beautifully and is very fast. Apps snap to the screen. My gold standard, Universe Sandbox^2, works great. A new Hires simulation, Starbase Simulator, works great.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X