This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kapersky AV software

has been running on my Android since 2018 and my iPhone6+ before that.
    With all the stuff going on in Ukraine, and everyone and his dog banning interactions with Russia, I began wondering what Russia could cut America and the rest of the world from. Vodka, oil, Titanium, rare earth minerals, and Kapersky's AV. Curious, I touched the Kapersky Icon on my phone and it flashed and disappeared. There was no warning or indication that it had shut itself off. So I deactivated it and deleted it.

Been looking for a replacement. AVG, Norton, BitDefender seem the most regarded, but their ToS's are a pain. Reading the comments section all of them seem to pull some pretty sleazey tricks to get people to pay money. I'm not objecting to paying for their service, but there are a lot of complaints about auto-updating the service and jacking the price for renewal up. I never had a problem with Kapersky and I was on an auto-renewal plan for $30/yr.

I'm thinking of a good non-root firewall instead.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Sweden makes a better vodka, by some opinions anyway. Oil is a worldwide commodity. Titanium and the rare earths are available elsewhere, but probably not in the quantities that Putin's village can provide.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Hey, I could put my smartphone in a plastic bag filled with vodka! Why didn't I think of that!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

That would be an interesting dual purpose flask
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

We had Kapersky on my wife's tablet and phone, Dropped them in favor of Norton for now. But the phone in the vodka sound interesting
          Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
          X