Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add the deb version of LibreWolf to Kubuntu 22.04.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add the deb version of LibreWolf to Kubuntu 22.04.

Sorry if I'm putting this wrong place. But anyways.
    I would really like if you would add LibreWolf deb version to the Discovery Software Center. Its a nice alternative to Firefox. Please consider adding this.

Wrong place? Yup. A request like this won't be seen by those who decide on such things.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Wrong place? Yup. A request like this won't be seen by those who decide on such things.
      That's what I thought could you move this thread to the right place then?

Comment

There is no right place in KFN. KFN isn't the place for making this kind of request.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          There is no right place in KFN. KFN isn't the place for making this kind of request.
          Then where is the right place to make this request?

Comment

To get the deb into Kubuntu, they would have to get it into Ubuntu, or Debian. The only distro that come with it available natively , kinda-sorta, is Arch, via Arch User Repository.
            Essentially, this browser is (arguably) not very popular or commonly installed to warrant a distro physically compiling the code and creating the deb.

Comment

See Requesting a new package for Ubuntu as a starting point.

Comment

LibreWolf offers an AppImage which works beautifully. I installed it yesterday to try it out. It is very snappy and lacks all the stuff that's turning FF into bloated telemetry.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X