This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is the time to stock up on ...

Cannon printer ink cartridges. The chip shortage has forced Cannon to sell ink cartridges WITHOUT their DRM chip,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmXGwey1qHw
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Good news:
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Exactly! However, I have to blame Cannon for forcing me to move to a monotone laser printer with duplex printing. The HP LaserJet p1606dn. For the last ten years it has been an awesome printer, and has never jammed once.

There is even MORE good news! Cannon has been sued in a class action lawsuit for disabling its scan feature if a cartridge runs out of ink. Cannon never stated that a functional ink cartridge was necessary to do a scan. And why would such a requirement be necessary? Not every scanned document will be printed.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...1-123118208417
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Cannon should be fired

Comment

It's not the fault of the manufacturers that they sell printers for a fraction of the cost (cost to market, that is) and then make up for that by charging punitively for ink cartridges. Buyers choose using the big ticket price, and if a manufacturer prices the printer and ink reasonably neither sells.

The whole business is horribly wasteful, and could be much less so with some standardization.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

I used to have a Canon (one N) inkjet printer/scanner until it died and replaced it with a Brother wireless unit. What I hate about inkjets is they refuse to print a black document if you're out of yellow ink!
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
            X