X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, because

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/meteo3/l6_p4.html

Exercise your brain. Learn something new.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

That page is wrong.

Wind is caused by broccoli and cabbage tacos, with beans..

Comment

OMG!! I'm glad I had already finished my beer, else I'd have it all over my keyboard!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Heh, somehow I forgot to include beer in that mix.

Comment

That explanation does not include the principal driving force: the Sun, which heats the atmosphere and the surface of the Earth. During my piloting days the air beneath an overcast was smooth, but during the summer, with popcorn clouds, flying under the cloud level was rough. Air "pockets" were actually heated columns of air rising from the ground being warmed by the Sun. When you flew through them, you'd feel a solid bump as the plane was lifted by the rising current of air. Once you were through it and hit the cooler other side the plane would experience a sudden loss of lift, and you would feel like you were in a rapidly falling elevator for a few seconds. You had to keep your seat belt on or the rapid loss of altitude would slam your head against the roof of the cabin. During the summer, I would remind my passengers to keep their hands under the seat belt. They had to forget only once, when their hands would slam into the roof after flying out of the riser. Man, I miss flying as PIC.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

claydoh Nah, politicians, definitely
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
            X