This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas

Whether you celebrate Christmas or you do not. Whether you believe or you do not. Whether you are Christian or you are not. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope that this time finds each of you well. That you are or will be in the company of family or friends. That you avail yourself this time to reflect, if only a little, on all the good things that have happened to you, and because of you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Merry Christmas, Snowhog! 🎄☃️🎁🦌🛷❄🧑‍🎄🥰👍👍 It is definitely a time for some reflection, with the time passing so quickly (or, the perception of time rendering the passage of a fixed time interval to be "quicker"). The older you become, the faster time seems to pass. Rx.: Be grateful, thankful, have fun in some way every day -- seize the moment. 😊👌
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Snowhog, our sense of community and/or participation at KFN -- maybe camaraderie? -- seems to be lessened considerably compared to, say, going back to 2007+. There was a time when your OP would have generated more animated, spirited responses than you could possibly respond to in 24 hours.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Hehe. Are we getting older, hmm? We've been here a LONG time, you and I. We've seen people come and go. Hell, there are members here who've died. Life. Even in this small corner of the Universe.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all!!

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎅🏽

Comment

Same to you, SnowHog, and Qqmike too! Qqmike, your pic is the first i've seen your actual image. Is that an old or recent image?

BTW, just got back from my son & daughter-in-law's house after celebrating our annual xmas get together. Had Famous Dave's fixings, and then exchanged gifts. I got only box. A brand new HP 17" laptop. 12GB RAM, i5, Intel iRISx GPU and a 1 TB SSD. It took nearly two hours to set it up and I am now running Win10. From power on to a working desktop took only 5 minutes. I am going to activate WSL2 and play with it for a while. Perhaps install KDE Neon in WSL2. But, eventually, I'm going to blow off Win10 and install the next Kubuntu LTS.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all! Wishing for a safe and peaceful 2022.

Comment

GG, that's a recent pic. For some reason, I've been slow to show my chronological age, no cosmetic surgeries!, maybe it's something in the genes, or all that broccoli I manage to eat! 🤣 (so far, no major health issues, docs say I'm healthy, no serious chronic Dx, crossing fingers, at almost 73; I have had some serious Hx though in the past, all fixed through surgeries; pic taken maybe at age 70-71 or so, the lighting doesn't show a little gray hair starting to show through )

Comment

Seems like I may have been around the longest of all here, with the least to say, because I usually found an answer to my question somewhere on this forum.

GG has a few years on me though the same hair style. Old quote 'grass never grows on a busy street' ... applies to GG but not even remotely true in my case.

Regardless a very Happy Christmas and best for the New Year from across the pond.

Apologies to Claydoh - just noticed we joined the same month ...... and he a more prolific writer than me!!
                  Last edited by Worzel; Dec 25, 2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Worzel I'm happy that you joined us, and yes, you are one our oldest members. Thank you for having joined us, and thank you for believing in us enough to have stayed. Doesn't matter how many or how few posts you've made, your still part of the KFN family. May this Christmas morning find you and yours well and happy.

Comment

Wow, Worzel, yeah, you do go back a ways, a year before me. I joined because (1) I built my first PC at that time; and (2) I learned dual-booting at the time; and (3) I first began to make my full transition into Kubuntu (and away from Windows). Yeah, Worzel, you do have some seniority around here! Good to hear from you.

Edit: I did my first DIY PC, I should say. ha! It wasn't my 'first' PC ... nitpicking ...
                      Last edited by Qqmike; Dec 25, 2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Worzel Just checked, and you are our 20th KFN member.

Comment

From Amstrad assembler to Suse KDE to Kubuntu or Neon. Back in the 60's, in a UK bank, putting a day's work onto punch tape.for transmission to London. "Sorry, can't read your tape, you'll have to redo the lot". (Expletives deleted). Happy days, no, memories yes.

Comment

It's punched cards that I remember well, circa 1967-71, undergrad (Rose Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Terre Haute IN), then again in graduate school. You'd have a whole big stack of them for a complex program (inventory, simulation, whatever), and one or a few cards wouldn't read right! Yeah, * expletive * sounds about right.

Comment

Or a "floor sort"

Wait, NOT funny
                              The next brick house on the left
                              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
                              X