This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post

UI files.. my main issue comes from the fact they can have their own connections and don't get me started on finding a "on_objectName_signal" methods within a class. (those made from clicking "goto slot" in designer)

Qt4+ is a real joy to code with.
    Ah, signals and slots!!! The most powerful "callback" feature in the Qt API. I loved them! Here is some S&S code from my Homestead app, which was written in 2004 using Qt4 and maintained until 2020, when it was replaced with a web based app, but long after I retired in 2008. I used S&S technology extensively. I also liked that you can turn them on and off at will, using disconnect(), for special purposes during processing.
    Code:
    // Initialize the signal and slot connections
    // ui.btn... prefix buttons, ui.le... prefix line edit text boxes, ui.cbo... prefix combo boxes
    // ui.tab... prefix tabs, ui.grid... prefix grids
    // Buttons actions (SIGNALs) are connected to specific functions (SLOTs).
    connect(ui.btnSearch, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(searchAll()));
    connect(ui.btnQUIT, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(QuitClicked()));
    connect(ui.btnEditProperty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(editProperty()));
    connect(ui.btnUndoProperty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(undoProperty()));
    connect(ui.btnNewProperty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(newProperty()));
    connect(ui.btnDeleteProperty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(deleteProperty()));
    connect(ui.btnSWAP, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(persinfoSwap()));
    connect(ui.btnEditPersInfo, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(editPersInfo()));
    connect(ui.btnSearchHistory, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(SearchHistory()));
    connect(ui.btnUndoPersInfo, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(UndoPersInfo()));
    connect(ui.btnNewIncome, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(NewIncome()));
    connect(ui.btnDeleteIncome, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(DeleteIncome()));
    connect(ui.btnVNI, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(toggleVNI()));
    connect(ui.btnReject, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(toggleReject()));
    connect(ui.btnCalcAllProperty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(CalcAllProperties()));
    connect(ui.btnCalcPctExm, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(calcThisProperty()));
    connect(ui.btnDateBtchRpt, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(printDateBtchRpt()));
    connect(ui.btnBatchBatchRpt, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(printBatchBatchRpt()));
    connect(ui.btnXTabAllCnty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(GenerateXTabAllCounties()));
    connect(ui.btnXTabEachCnty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(GenerateXTabEachCounty()));
    connect(ui.btnMakeN458, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(generateN458files()));
    connect(ui.btnLabelsAddrByCounty, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(labelsAddrBycounty()));
    connect(ui.btnAorDRoster, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(AorDRoster()));
    connect(ui.btnMakeLetterR, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(MakeLetterR()));
    connect(ui.btnMakeLetterD, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(MakeLetterD()));
    connect(ui.btnPrintQ, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(printQEditsQuery()));
    connect(ui.btnShortRpt, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(shortRpt()));
    connect(ui.btnLongRpt, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(longRpt()));

// line edit signals on lost focus, allowing edit checks and cursor flow control
    connect(ui.leHEC, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(toggleServiceDates()));
    connect(ui.leSSSN, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(toggleSYOB()));
    connect(ui.leBDate, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(BDateLostFocus()));
    connect(ui.leLine8f, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(leLine8fLostFocus()));
    connect(ui.leParcelID, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(leParcelIDfLostFocus()));
    connect(ui.leTaxDistrict, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(leTaxDistrictfLostFocus()));
    connect(ui.lePart, SIGNAL(lostFocus()), this, SLOT(partLostFocusAction()));

// combo box signals allows access to the newly selected row of the combo box
    connect(ui.cboCountyName, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(passCntyNum( int )));
    connect(ui.cboMS, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(passMsNum( int )));
    connect(ui.cboAppType, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)), this, SLOT(passApptype( int )));

// tab signals Detects the change in the selected Tab of the UI and displays the new tab.
    connect(ui.tabHomestead, SIGNAL(currentChanged(int)), this, SLOT(setCurrentTab(int)));

// grid signals "Index" allows access to the specific row and column clicked
    connect(ui.gridPersInfo, SIGNAL(clicked(QModelIndex)), this, SLOT(displaySelectedPersInfo( QModelIndex )));
    connect(ui.gridMultiProp, SIGNAL(clicked(QModelIndex)), this, SLOT(displaySelectedMultiProp( QModelIndex )));
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X