This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Upgrade

OMG YOU MOVED THE BUTTONS I LIKE TO PRESS ARRRGGHHH!!

Seriously, thanks. Looks good and looking forward to new bug free forum use

Had a hard time finding the login button. Gets hidden when scrolling. Color is muted. Had to read the FAQ to find it. Also doesn't seem to keep me logged in. I'll give you all a few days before I start complaining. In the meantime, thanks for the update.

Comment

Yep, it's looking nice but I can't find the 'New Posts' button!
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        Yep, it's looking nice but I can't find the 'New Posts' button!
        I have https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum.php bookmarked and if you come in via that page, you won't see it. Need to go to https://www.kubuntuforums.net/ and there is a tab called "latest activity". There is also a filter drop down menu on this page to customise it. If you have "new topics" set to "on" then it only shows you new started new topics. If you turn it off, it shows replies as well.
        Last edited by Bings; Oct 16, 2021, 03:21 AM.

Comment

This version of VB is soooo much nicer than the old one. Well done folks! I'm sure it's going to take a while to get everything ship-shape again.

The fonts were a bit too small for my old eyes and because I had other things to do I just hit Ctrl + in Firefox to make them readable. I'm sure there's a user setting but haven't had time to look.

I also notice the browser fav icon is displaying a generic VB logo and not the old forum logo.
          Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
            I also notice the browser fav icon is displaying a generic VB logo and not the old forum logo.
            Well, accessing KFN with Firefox 93.0, The blue KDE icon displays on the Tab. So, works for me.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"Today's posts" works almost as well as the old "Latest posts".
              The URL is quite a handful, though :·)
              https://www.kubuntuforums.net/search...ssage%22%5D%7D

Still, you just bookmark it, and let the browser worry about it...

Comment

Looks good here thanks for the work
                Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Anyway to get back the "New Posts" selection, instead of having to view comments I'm not interested in?
                  Boot Info Script

Comment

Clicking on New Topics is presenting 'you' with a list of Unread 'by you' new content. So New Topics = Unread Posts.

Dorthy: "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

That being said however, Clicking on New Topics and clicking on any of the listed Posts Go to last post icon doesn't remove that Post from the list; it doesn't mark that Post as Read. To have vBulletin mark that Post as Read, you have to click on the Posts Title hyperlink. That of course takes you to the first post in the thread, which, if it's a new thread; has no replies yet; no problem. But if it's a thread with lots of replies, you then have to click on Latest Activity to see the 'new' unread post.

Again, this isn't vBulletin 4.2.5 anymore. That rotary phone you loved so much? It's gone. Have to learn to use your brand new smartphone.

Added:
                    As to my 'observational comment' in paragraph 3 above.
                    Clicking on the Go to last post icon does mark the post as Read, but the entire list of posts remains until all of them have been reviewed. Then the list is 'emptied'.
                    Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 17, 2021, 04:09 PM.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                    X