Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] SystemdGenie... this is kinda cool.

ohai, KFN

The developer that built the systemd control panel in systemsettings has turned it into a standalone application. Looks to be really cool, as the capability to edit configuration files is built into the application.

https://rthomsen6.wordpress.com/2016...-systemdgenie/
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Seems good so far.

Courtesy of Clive, we have some experimental builds going. (Sorry, nothing you can install on normal kubuntu yet)

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

The build instructions are lacking. They need to specify what build packages need to already be installed on your system.

I installed build-essential (and the packages it recommended), and I already had gcc installed, and following the build instructions in the README wasn't successful.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        The build instructions are lacking. They need to specify what build packages need to already be installed on your system.

I installed build-essential (and the packages it recommended), and I already had gcc installed, and following the build instructions in the README wasn't successful.
        From kubuntu packaging git

https://git.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-p...buntu_unstable

So if you are not trying to make a deb package then probably...

extra-cmake-modules,
        libkf5auth-dev,
        libkf5coreaddons-dev,
        libkf5crash-dev,
        libkf5i18n-dev,
        libkf5xmlgui-dev,
        libqt5dbus5,
        libsystemd-dev,
        qtbase5-dev,
        qtbase5-dev-tools,
        systemd
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
          Seems good so far.

Courtesy of Clive, we have some experimental builds going. (Sorry, nothing you can install on normal kubuntu yet)
          The "edit configuration file" button is particularly attractive. Highlight a unit, press the edit button
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

Seeing as I can't even get a popular application such as krita into the Ubuntu archive, I really can't see this being included any time soon

Comment

For those that want to test the UNSTABLE version 0.99, I've uploaded the package to my PPA. Please remember I offer no support and this is experimental, you use this at your own risk!! I also may delete the PPA at any time, without warning, so don't leave it active on your system.

https://launchpad.net/~clivejo/+arch...u/systemdgenie
              Last edited by Guest; Dec 21, 2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

@clivejo

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                  For those that want to test the UNSTABLE version 0.99, I've uploaded the package to my PPA. Please remember I offer no support and this is experimental, you use this at your own risk!! I also may delete the PPA at any time, without warning, so don't leave it active on your system.

https://launchpad.net/~clivejo/+arch...u/systemdgenie
                  Thanks, clivejo!
                  Works perfectly!
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                  X