This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel

Only FOX NEWS tried to addres this...the MSM ignored it...

How much steel in my mouth warrants "investigation"...

KENNEDY...A DEMOCRAT...put this steel in my mouth...

NIXON...(media says "nixon's war"...GOT ME OUT...

REPUBICATS try to help the vets that the elite liberals 'pi&&"on in their art galleries...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Ya know...the grunt that coughed up his abdomen to me in the sHHHt DIED

so a stupid paid for with "guvmint money" could...P...#SS on him

I was ALMOST EXPELLED FROM MY COLLEGE

because I was "standing up for liberal values"...

"liberal values" now...are...

NOT...

KEENNEDY SENT THOUANDSTO DIE FOR HIS LIBEREAL VALUES//

"whatever those stttioud wabt...people want"...

GG///

I just have a few weeks...

wood...fight on...smoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

LIBERAL ELITES

YOUR GRAND KIDS ARE BOING TO

DIE

in a jungle or on a desert becfauyse of the

ULTIMATE ELITYE LIBERALISM OF CLINTOn and obama

my prayers for your kids and hrandkislllls9 llll sory

woosnoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Nov 27, 2016, 01:48 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

woodsmoke,,,,,, one would think that a scholar would understand that the written word and it's grammatical structure must conform to known standards for the readers to understand the intent of the composer.

I do not mind telling you ,,,,,,,,,I have NO idea what the heck any of this means other than you are fired up by something political .

and if I was to see this anywhere else I wold say it was the ramblings of someone vary drunk .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Nice day here. Sunrise was a blazing red-orange against a turquoise-blue sky. A little chilly, going to be a little windy today, but very nice. Woke up somehow thinking about dd.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Stopped drinking coffee last week. I was up to five or six cups a day and my wife was worrying about me. The absence of caffeine in my system made it apparent that I wasnt sleeping enough. All last week I was floored. Couldnt think straight, felt drowsy all day, wasnt sleeping right. Spent the whole weekend napping on the sofa and feel fantastic this morning, best Ive felt in weeks. Its 5:45, soundless outside and still completely dark except the neighborhood porch lights filtering through the trees. Drinking mint tea (non-caffeine) and working on a web project. Going to be a good day.

Comment

Tea is good. Was drinking 5+ cups coffee/day, for many years, got a little high blood pressure, some heart palpitations (PVCs), drug out a lot. Cut the coffee way down to 0 or 1/2 cup per day (or de-caff, which still has some caffeine), drinking green tea these days, and though it has caffeine, it doesn't slam me the way regular coffee did; besides green tea has some very beneficial properties to boot.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
              Stopped drinking coffee last week. I was up to five or six cups a day and my wife was worrying about me. The absence of caffeine in my system made it apparent that I wasnt sleeping enough. All last week I was floored. Couldnt think straight, felt drowsy all day, wasnt sleeping right. Spent the whole weekend napping on the sofa and feel fantastic this morning, best Ive felt in weeks. Its 5:45, soundless outside and still completely dark except the neighborhood porch lights filtering through the trees. Drinking mint tea (non-caffeine) and working on a web project. Going to be a good day.
              Between 1987 and 1992 my consumption of Diet Dr Pepper rose to 5 32 oz containers of Diet Dr Pepper per day. (NutraSweet). My weight went from 224 to 265. I developed a cracking headache 24/7/365, turned beet red from the waist up, with pealing skin like I was sunburned, and I sweat sebaceous oil. I was drinking it to stay awake because I was teaching 12 to 16 credit hours of Physics, Chem, Microbio, Calc, DiffEq and other classes in addition to computerizing the college. I was working 90+ hours a week and eventually wore down. When I finished computerizing the school I resigned and took a few months off. Within a month the headache went away, the redness disappeared and I stopped sweating sebaceous oil. One day my wife came home from grocery shopping and put a carton of Diet Dr Pepper on the counter. I drank one can and within 30 minutes it all came back. I knew then what was causing the problem. I am part of the 10% who have a negative reaction to NutraSweet (Aspartame). The only lasting effect was that it destroyed my nearly photographic memory. And my ego. I am not even half as smart as I thought I was.

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
              Tea is good. Was drinking 5+ cups coffee/day, for many years, got a little high blood pressure, some heart palpitations (PVCs), drug out a lot. Cut the coffee way down to 0 or 1/2 cup per day (or de-caff, which still has some caffeine), drinking green tea these days, and though it has caffeine, it doesn't slam me the way regular coffee did; besides green tea has some very beneficial properties to boot.
              I've been drinking about 3 cups of Green Tea a day for the last 10 days. Uncle Ben's. Very helpful. Even at 75 my blood pressure is around 120/80 and my resting heart rate is 55-60 bpm. About six months ago my wife began drinking a quart or so a day of decaff Green Tea. It has helped significantly with her pulse pressure and both the systolic and diastolic pressures. After the heart surgery her HR was as low as 35, and her BP was 110/35. (As long as she wasn't dizzy the doctors weren't concerned!) That gave pulse pressures of 70 and above. Not good for pulmonary hypertension. Now her BP is around 118/60 and her HR is around 60.

To minimize the tannins she puts a cap full of concentrated Lemon juice in a quart jar of water heated in the microwave to boiling. (Takes about 8 minutes) That lowers the acidity, which minimizes tannins solubility. She then soaks four decaff Green Tea bags in the jar for two minutes, with stirring, and then removes and discards them. She is very sensitive to caffeine. Her favorite ice cream was Baers Coffee Ice Cream. If she has so much as a scoop after 12 noon she won't be able to go to sleep before 3:30 or 4:00 AM. I can fall asleep ten minutes after drinking a cup of Green Tea (with caffeine).

A year ago last September I woke up with an episode of AFibs and tachycardia, for which I took 50mg of Metoprolol and 5mg Warfarin for a couple of months, and then discontinued them. I believe it was due to an excessive amount of MSG on a salad we had for lunch at a local eatery the night before.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GG, green tea ... I buy various Chinese green teas; e.g., Prince of Peace brand and such. From an International market we have here. A box of 100 tea bags for $4-$8, depending on type and brand; I've even tried some as low as $3/100 tea bags and found them to taste good.

To minimize the tannins ...
                Yeah, my wife feels that now and then, as do I, rarely though. But when they turn the stomach, making you feel slightly nauseated, we have found that 1-3 saltine crackers does the trick, and you can continue immediately with the tea.

tachycardia ... MSG ...
                I've noticed this when over-indulging in a Chinese buffet! Of course, now we choose those that advertise No MSG. But it is an uncomfortable feeling. PVCs are bad enough, but AFib, I hear, really rocks your boat.

I never thought I could start my day without coffee, but it is possible. I usually get up at 4-5 am and crave that first cup of green tea, then a second, and that does the trick to start the day.

Comment

mmm... It's 4:45 and your post triggered a Green Tea demand... Off to make some...

EDIT: My bad. It's UncleLee Green Tea (unclelee.com) and my wife drinks Great Value decaf Green Tea. Loves it. Addicted.
                  Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 27, 2016, 04:49 PM.
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                    woodsmoke,,,,,, one would think that a scholar would understand that the written word and it's grammatical structure must conform to known standards for the readers to understand the intent of the composer.

I do not mind telling you ,,,,,,,,,I have NO idea what the heck any of this means other than you are fired up by something political .

and if I was to see this anywhere else I wold say it was the ramblings of someone vary drunk .

VINNY
                    VINNY, when I saw your first posts on this forum my first thought was "Twitter speak". I didn't know what half of your abbreviations meant. It was like Pigeon English, with phonetic spellings and such. I don't remember anyone criticizing your writings however, and they gradually improved. Now they are well written and your Linux acumen is impeccable. While a scholar, as you say, Woody is notorious for going the other way. Sometimes he swims up river to make a point. I looked for meaning in your early writings and found it. I do the same when Woody is fighting the currents.

And, sometimes, as Woody himself admits, he hits the sauce.
                    Translation:
                    "LIBERAL ELITES
                    Liberal elites

YOUR GRAND KIDS ARE BOING TO DIE in a jungle or on a desert becfauyse of the ULTIMATE ELITYE LIBERALISM OF CLINTOn and obama

Your grand kids are going to die in a jungle or on a desert because of the ultimate elite liberalism of the Clinton and Obama.

my prayers for your kids and hrandkislllls9 llll sory
                    My prayers for your kids and their random killings !!! Sorry.

woosnoke"

Woodsmoke (slightly drunk)

The video by the Rolling Stones shows the black mood he is in.

"GG///

I just have a few weeks...

wood...fight on...smoke"

Woody, did you receive some bad medical news?
                    Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 27, 2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I am a consistent chewer of Asian ginseng gum. I still don't get the OP. Burn the bra.
                      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
                      HP15 -
                      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                      X