This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libertine: a game changer?

I personally, wondered "about Scopes". Kinda ...ho hum....a "trick" for Ubuntu as opposed to whatever on other phones and maybe the desktop.

I'm going to actually "follow" this guy, And I follow FEW people, "why" at bottom of this post.

What I, personally envision will be the "future" of Libertine, if it functions as stated, is that instead of "synaptic' or (insert name here of a way to get apps).

And....

If it really IS foolproof

I will opine... with the suggestion that IF....the app developers themselves are asked have to put a "flag" on their app as to which "scope" it is a best fit....

and....that The "menu" of Unity or whatever, that depends on Ubu's new thing.....

ON THE DESKTOP

the left "menu" will have "several bespoke "scopes" and that the scope will have a "subclick" that will call up all apps appropriate to a bespoke scope.

The user merely need click and the app is there for ANY particular app, such as "games"....however, of course.... Ubu will want to emphasize stuff that Canonical likes....

No muss, no fuss, a great hair day all round!

http://kylenubuntu.blogspot.com/2016...u-devices.html

What say you about "Libertine"?

Note: as to why I am going to follow him....umm to learn how to write pithily!

woodisallwayslearningsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 13, 2016, 06:15 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

AFAIK, Mir isn't coming to Kubuntu any time soon. We use wayland. Isn't Libertine linked to Mir?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i didn't check that just read about the concept.

good question

probably

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        i didn't check that just read about the concept.good questionprobablywoodsmoke
        Just a wild guess.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X