X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue origins escape capsule and point relanding

I almost cried.

Yes the "headline" is the successful deployment of the escape capsule and it is important.

But the more significant thing was that, against Bezo's own less than optimistic statement of it being able to LAND...

It was picture perfect.

The re-land is what will really let us go to Mars and back safely and a few filthy rich space tourists to keep the buzz going for the next few decades.

I mean, really it is a beautiful sight to behold.

Video

http://www.space.com/34302-blue-orig...cape-test.html

The successful landing

yes others have also had relandings but this was just "nostalgic". lol

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Truly amazing! And this, from a non-government entity. It is absolutely astounding what human ingenuity can achieve when allowed to do so. I mean, what this represents 'today' is what was given to us in sci-fi stories of yesteryear.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Brought me to tears of joy!
      I'm a SpaceX fan myself.

Watching the video I got to wondering how the escape system would work if a problem occurred closer to the ground, or on the launch pad. The drogues would be unnecessary and could get in the way. Could reefing the mains allow the capsule to crash before they fully opened up? Don't know, just wondering.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X