Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Connect MUTED television w incoming call! then UNmuted!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Connect MUTED television w incoming call! then UNmuted!

The KDE Connect Developers CONTINUE to amaze me!

I get very few actual telephonic messages.

I have the old Samsung SIII ( two of them so that I have a backup in case something goes wrong while scuba ) and have followed KDE Connect since it was first produced.

My main use is / was to send verbalized texts that I make on the phone, say while at the store, to the computer for further processing.

Of course there is the controlling Amarok thing.

But, since I have really delved very deeply into making a science fiction television on the wall setup and have been running KDE Neon on it, I have been able to view incoming messages, of ALL types on the television screen as a popup on the bottom right ( Displaying the titles and sometimes a line of text ) so that the phone really does sit in a cradle most of the day.

BUT TONIGHT!!! My youngest son, who lives in the Hamptons, CALLED me!! (He normally texts).

I was building a custom bookcase for the living room and had the telly playing Radio Tenerif using VLC and SUDDENLY!! ...

The sound stopped on the telly!! "Darn!" quoth I, "probably maxed out the cache or something."

And theeennnnnn......... I noticed that the telephone was also ringing!

WOAH!!! I exclaimed, as I answered the phone and described to my son what had just happened.

We visited, and I hung up.

AND.....................THE MUSIC UNMUTED ON THE TELLY!!!

Now, folks, THAT...........is JUST KEWL!!!!!

I APPLAUD THE KDE CONNECT DEVELOPERS!!

Woodveryappreciativesmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

This has been a feature for a long, ling time. Coolest new feature: you can call custom commands on your pc from your phone. That is awesome.

Comment

Cool, very cool.
      But why is this posted under KDE Support? How about community cafe?
      KDE neon LTS 5.12

Comment

I sometimes listen to quite loud music using noise-cancelling head phones. KDE Connect's pop up notification is very convenient, I get calls and messages I'd otherwise miss.

Regards, John Little
        Regards, John Little

Comment

thanks for the replies folks! Like I said I seldom get phone calls so I prolly just didn't notice it.

As to posting in Community Cafe, I figured it was KDE related so I posted it here.

If a moderator wants to move it, my permission is now hereby granted in full!

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X