This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xennex81 View Post
    Kubuntu will continue if you will. Have some faith!.
    So Kubuntu is a religion? Is SABDFL its God?

Originally posted by xennex81 View Post
    btw is any here living in Germany that could host my way out of the ..euhm... psychiatric prison I'm leaving?
    Is that a euphamism?
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 29, 2015, 08:53 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

if kubuntu are stating updates after the next release 15.10 may be in question
      then a decision must be based on that information as we use the LTS versions

i dont want to have to set up 2 systems again, that i have already working flawlessly, to another OS
      but if support for kubuntu is in question i must decide which other OS to install to get the required LTS support ...
      Hope this helps. Steve ...
      Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news.
      Shuttle XS35 - Intel Atom 1.6 - 4GB Ram - 500GB HDD - Linux Kubuntu

Comment

All that is good and holy trickles down from the banksters who print fiat currency. You must BELIEVE it's real money or they'll have to do REAL work. Armani might go bankrupt. It would be anarchy and chaos.

And no support is better than bad support.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSteve View Post
          the question i would like to gander an answer to is will kubuntu continue ?
          i would just like to know is kubuntu LTS going to continue... i just want systems that my wife and myself use to have long term support.
          if kubuntu are stating updates after the next release 15.10 may be in question then a decision must be based on that information as we use the LTS versions...if support for kubuntu is in question i must decide which other OS to install to get the required LTS support ...
          Please re-read what I wrote in my post #121 here. We do not have definitive answers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
            All that is good and holy trickles down from the banksters who print fiat currency.
            This crap about fiat money that you keep spewing across the forum here really has nothing to do with the particular topics. I will delete any further posts of yours containing such nonsense.

Comment

OK then..

Comment

I am sticking with Kubuntu until the bitter end. This forum and KDE is what hooked me on Linux.

If you all migrate to another distro one day, I will follow you. You people rock.

Comment

I started my departure from kubuntu when Mark started mir. I started with den debian and moved on to tanglu when it came out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

The one great advantage of a good and worthwhile OS project is it'll never die.
                    Kubuntu is such a great project and we need to recognise it's inception was only possible due to the Ubuntu project.

But it doesn't mean Kubuntu developers need to pay the ultimate allegiance to Ubuntu by being assimilated.

We'll (I at least) see what the future holds for Kubuntu and Linux+KDE at large.
                    Too early to jump ship, nor does it take long to install an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by jook View Post
                      I am sticking with Kubuntu until the bitter end. This forum and KDE is what hooked me on Linux.

If you all migrate to another distro one day, I will follow you. You people rock.
                      Ahh shucks!
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I agree. I've been a Kubuntu fan since Breezy Badger; I really hope it continues to blossom. I remain very thankful to all the hard-working devs, and am saddened by the problems with Jonathan and the CC. I think KDE is wonderful and really want to continue with Kubuntu (I've converted many folks to its joys!) , but, as a "banker" and following Grey Geek, I've installed Debian 8.1 on a spare partition -- just in case someone pulls a plug! But really hope there's no need.

Comment

Originally posted by jook View Post
                          Thank you. We try to make KFN an educational and fun place. We're glad you're here

Comment

Already migrated on my side. Anyway if Kubuntu does not end now it will fork or get back to Debian. The fact that Ubuntu absolutely wants to use Mir for its own desktop while everyone else is set to use Wayland (Mir is not available in Debian repo while Wayland libs are) would lead to a situation where we have three different graphic stacks on the same OS. And what would happen to the user who wants to have both ubuntu-desktop and kubuntu-desktop ?

Sad to see that Canonical becomes more and more close-minded, this is not the same Canonical we had at the beginning. And well, I used Ubuntu for 10 years, but I really think I'm done with it... :-( Sad because Kubuntu is really, really good, especially from release 12.04+. (Did not play w/ 14.10 and 15.04 however, but with all the other ones from 5.04, and never had to perform a full reinstall, upgrades went smoothly.)

Comment

Originally posted by julek View Post
                              And what would happen to the user who wants to have both ubuntu-desktop and kubuntu-desktop ?
                              I imagine it would work fine. The compositor doesn't start until after the user logs into the display manager. Kubuntu will start KWin, which eventually will become a Wayland compositor. Ubuntu will start Unity, which does whatever it does with Mir.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                                Ahh shucks!
                                Just the plain, naked truth!
                                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                                X