This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal greetings from an "Old Timer"

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself as a new Kubuntu user. I've been using Linux since the "old days" (i.e. early '93 Slackware) and have played around with a vareity of distributions (Slackware, RedHat, SuSe, Mandrake, Fedora, Gentoo, Freespire, Debian, Unbuntu, (and it's variants), as well as various others such as Slax, Knoppix, and the GParted LiveCD. The list goes on...

In addition, I am a programmer by trade (doing .NET development at the moment actually) who has been involved with computers since the age of 13 (I'm 33 now). In this regard, I've been around the block once or twice and have always remained a stalwart Linux user. As I have watched distributions come and go, communities grow and fade, I have always been looking for a distribution that I could install easily such that the applications would make sense, work up front and be expandible.

Having installed Kubuntu on my laptop with no incident and being able to configure it with relative ease has been exactly what I have looked for. I can happily say that other than a few tweaks, I have successfully installed Kubuntu on my E1505 Dell Laptop wth no other OS present. The installed applications work, and I have found community posts to be helpful and informative. I have achieved in days what it would have taken me weeks to achive otherwise.

Indeed, this has been a pleasant and rewarding experience. I have several CD's on request, along with some stickers I purchased. I sincerely hope to show others what a rewarding experience Unbuntu / Kubuntu can be!

Best regards,
    Valeos

Re: Personal greetings from an "Old Timer"

Welcome to Kubuntu and Kubuntu Forums.

Comment

Working...
    X