This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocked from accessing the site

Today while waiting for a connecting flight I was blocked from accessing Kubuntuforums.org, forget about logging in.
    It was at the Lisbon, Portugal airport using a paid service.
    I can understand these types of hotspots are sometimes used for nefarious stuff but so much that Kubuntuforums has to protect itself this way?

This is a screen shot of the message:

Yes. That's the world we find ourselves in. We don't want to block 'good folks', but if good folks are on 'bad connections', the connection is blocked, as we have no way to identify "the person" without allowing access from "the connection".
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Paul, when did you get a little minion?

Comment

B.t.w, this is this Boingo outfit with the lengthy, stealthy and fascinating Legal Document

Comment

I get this sometimes, depending on the IP address that's assigned by the VPN service I use. It is annoying, but as long as I remain logged in and don't delete my kubuntuformus.net cookies, I can access kubuntuforums without any problem, so it appears only the initial login is blocked. For instance if I logged out now and tried to log back in, there is a good chance I would be blocked (as this has happened to me on a couple of occasions)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

Paul, when did you get a little minion?
            All Evil Geniuses need their minions. You don't have one? hehe
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

They like to hide a lot. Perhaps I'm not evil enough.

Comment

Working...
              X