This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Kubuntu going?

Kubuntu is my favourite OS of all time, in fact, all my family and even my girlfriend are using it, they are all happy and everything works great but... where is kubuntu going (this is seriously bothering me)? which are the plans for the future? how are Kubuntu developers working? do they need money? how can someone donate (cause after clicking the Donate button at the bottom of the webpage I only see methods of Contact)?

I also think that Kubuntu Webpage should see some love. It has a great interface but I think we can do it better, we can make a more modern interface that represents what do we want in the future.

What improvements do you think Kubuntu needs? More stability? More innovation? Give your thoughts!

By "going" I believe you mean "while it be sticking around" for the foreseeable future?". Yes. Kubuntu is supported financially by Blue-Systems, a German company. That company hires two developers, IIRC, who work on it full time and there about a dozen volunteers. And that is just for Kubuntu. The KDE desktop is an entirely different development team with support from other sources and it is humming along just fine.

As far as KDE's future design parameters that is up to the KDE design team. Kubuntu is devoted to running as pure a KDE interface as possible. KDE offers a user interface for desktops laptops and mobile devices.. Kubuntu focuses on desktops and laptops which use kubuntu-desktop, or kubuntu-netbook, while mobile devices use plasma-active.

Kubuntu has been around for nine years. I suspect that it will still be here nine years from now, assuming that desktops, laptops and mobile devices are still around. Who knows?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I wonder, how WOULD one get involved with updating something like the website, and who makes the decisions on things?
      Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
      DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
      Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Hang out on freenode IRC at #kubuntu-devel and volunteer.

Comment

Working...
        X