Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, turning off mobGriefing does make survival mode a little bit less challenging, but I dunno about it being half-way to creative mode - it only prevents mobs from altering the world in any way, and everything that would normally hurt you still hurts you every bit as much. If you aren't already playing on 'hard' difficulty, bumping up the difficulty setting by one would (IMO) more than compensate for turning off mobGriefing.

Now, if you used "gamerule keepInventory true" as well as disabling mobGriefing, that would be half way to creative mode

I don't use those settings when I play survival, but in my creative test world I use them, in addition to "weather clear 1000000" and "doDaylightCycle false". I like to give myself a well lit, no-distractions environment when designing complicated redstone contraptions
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Sounds like the sale is a done-deal, unfortunately.

My son, daughter and I spend hours playing it. They both prefer doing it multiplayer and working together. My son can do increadible things with redstone circuits and such (like a daylight sensor connected to a command block that when it become nighttime it runs the command /time set 0).

There is Minetest as an alternative, but that's also an uphill battle.

I am hoping that Microsoft will maintain the system for all existing platforms as they did when they bought Skype. I still use it in Linux and for the most part I haven't seen a big difference.

So long as they don't try to port the Java code to C#....
      Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
      DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
      Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
        .... I don't use those settings when I play survival, but in my creative test world I use them, in addition to "weather clear 1000000" and "doDaylightCycle false". I like to give myself a well lit, no-distractions environment when designing complicated redstone contraptions
        Keeping the daylight on and the rain away is a nice capability. Working with and creating redstone circuitry is one of the supreme joys of Minecraft!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working with and creating redstone circuitry is one of the supreme joys of Minecraft!
          Yes, if you used the XRAY Option Pack on my server you would see the whole under ground loaded with redstone circuits. I've recently been playing around with the Comparator. I just really HATE that MS bought them out. So sad!!!!!

Comment

The XRay mod was neat. Made mining ore and avoiding lava too easy. On multi=player servers it is easy to spot those using XRay ... their tunnels go directly to a spot, which is hollowed out, and then proceeds directly to another hollowed out spot, etc..... I decided that rather than using XRay to find Iron, Diamonds and Coal it would be easier just to switch to creative, load your inventory, and then go back to survival. You could also see the mobs with XRay, as you could with Minimap. So, I stopped using them.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X